Keeping Stats

steadyon

Hacker
Visit site
Hi,

can anyone recommend a good way of keeping stats. I’ve got Garmin golf but I only really use that for distances on the course.

I just want either a book or a template I can print out. Just to help me know where to improve and what to practise.

Swango1980

Visit site
I just created an excel spreadsheet, that listed each club down one column (some several times for full, 3/4 and half swings), and then my last 20 shots of that club and the yardage I hit. The final column gave me the average distance. I then had several of these tables, for calm conditions, into wind, wind behind, cold conditions in winter, etc.

Then, every time I played a round, I used my garmin to measure the distance of each shot (set the measure tool from where I just hit ball, and then checked it when I arrived at the ball). I then just took a note of that on the scorecard, piece of paper, whatever, and then put them in the spreadsheet after the round. Obviously, I ignored any shots I duffed.

If I was going out on my own, I might hit multiple shots of a club I didn't have many measurements for.

D

Deleted member 29109

Hi,

can anyone recommend a good way of keeping stats. I’ve got Garmin golf but I only really use that for distances on the course.

I just want either a book or a template I can print out. Just to help me know where to improve and what to practise.

What stats do you want to keep and what will you go with them once you have them?

If I wasn’t already in the Arccos system I’d go with the golf metrics app

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
I'm selling my Shot Scope V3, which gives you some incredibly in depth statistics. Happy to list it to make it official but feel free to PM me if you want.

D

Deleted member 3432

Hi,

Go to a good pro who uses Trackman and do a Trackman Combine test. That will identify all your strengths and weaknesses.

D

Deleted member 25172

Just pulled the trigger and ordered a Shotscope V3. If that’ll help me? Not a clue, but I do like stats, so will be interesting to see what it’ll show.

Yorkhacker

Visit site
Just pulled the trigger and ordered a Shotscope V3. If that’ll help me? Not a clue, but I do like stats, so will be interesting to see what it’ll show.

It WILL help you if a) you are prepared to put the effort in to it, to get the most out of it, b) you can interpret/understand the mountain of stats that will be thrown at you!

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I think the best way is to think about your game and be brutally honest with yourself. Deep down everyone knows what's holding back their game. Your weaknesses are usually kicking you in the teeth every round over and over.

Pick your worst. Work on it. Move to the next.

There is always something else to move to. Its the nature of this sport.