Kane v Fleetwood?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
What was the question? ?‍♂️

Sounds fun, does Kane go off different tees? Will probably watch when time permits.
The question mark implies that I found it brilliantly random and have no idea why it exists. :LOL:

Kane plays off 4, so he took 1 shot on the middle hole of the three and that was it.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Saw this. Thought it was a bit unfair, as Fleetwood has to keep peeling Kane off the window to play his shot.

Joking.

It was ok, as entertainment goes.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I find Kane an interesting character, you can see how ridiculously competitive he is. Clearly desperate to beat a tour pro here. :LOL:

His putting needs work though!

jonny1409

Club Champion
Visit site
I love stuff like this - I'd love to see more of it. There's tons of pro footballers who play to a decent standard so plenty of opportunities.

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Kane has a curious swing, it doesn’t look like it should work, but must be consistent! He looks to have a very tidy short game (dodgy putts aside!).

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Kane has a curious swing, it doesn’t look like it should work, but must be consistent! He looks to have a very tidy short game (dodgy putts aside!).
Yeah I thought the same. He seems a bit heavy on the lead side even when hitting irons. But he's got down to 4 with it so fair play. Again that's a testament to how competitive he is as a person I think.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
I'd love to know where these footballers get their handicaps from. Kane said recently he only gets to play golf once every 2 months, but he's off 4?? With a swing like that? ?
A lot of sports people have low handicaps. Athletes are athletes. Did you see the tiger vs Phil thing with Brady and Manning? They plaid of single digits and some shots didn’t look that great either. But over a round it just comes together.

Dannyj1984

Assistant Pro
Visit site
A lot of sports people have low handicaps. Athletes are athletes. Did you see the tiger vs Phil thing with Brady and Manning? They plaid of single digits and some shots didn’t look that great either. But over a round it just comes together.

You can't tell me Tom Brady is a single digit golfer? Yes he knocked one in from 100 yards but 28 hcp get hole in one's....he couldn't hit 10 yard chips without shanking or skulling them

I saw John Terry at a pro am 2 years ago.... Apparently off 8.... He must have been +30 over the round.

D

Deleted member 18588

I'd love to know where these footballers get their handicaps from. Kane said recently he only gets to play golf once every 2 months, but he's off 4?? With a swing like that? ?
Not just footballers.

Have you seen Darren Gough play?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Firstly, that sounds like a lie. With training they only work half a day so they must have plenty of time to go and play golf. Although Kane has two children that he'll have to make time for, but before they were born he probably had loads of time to play golf. And I think there's that professional sportsman mentality, if you have the dedication to become a world class footballer, you can apply that to almost anything, in this case to becoming a good amateur golfer just in your spare time.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Firstly, that sounds like a lie. With training they only work half a day so they must have plenty of time to go and play golf. Although Kane has two children that he'll have to make time for, but before they were born he probably had loads of time to play golf. And I think there's that professional sportsman mentality, if you have the dedication to become a world class footballer, you can apply that to almost anything, in this case to becoming a good amateur golfer just in your spare time.

Not that recent, but when Kane was in the open zone with Nick Dougherty a couple of years ago (think it was 2018 after the World Cup), he said he only got to play once a month. Like you I would have thought footballers have time to play at least a couple of times a week, but I don’t know what reason he would have to lie about it. Maybe footballers don’t have as much spare time on their hands as they did in the 90’s?