K1 speed

NEWQUAYTR7

Hacker
Visit site
Can this remarkable(?) driver actually "walk the walk" after "talking the talk" has anyone used one & if so comments please & why is Sam torrance so skint & for that matter Tony jacklin aswell.
Played yesterday in a storm force northerly 8/9 quite an interesting round,managed to hit the dancefloor on two par 3's mind you the wind was on my side.

Coopsarama

Club Champion
Visit site
My mate had one that he gave me a loan of a few times. It was actually very good and flew quite straight. Unfortunately the head cracked after a few months and we're now trying to figure out how to get it replaced. No mean feat I'm guessing since he got it off a shopping channel

PaulOHagan

GM Staff
Visit site
Stay well away!!! This is a club made to flog on a tv channel and there are so many other drivers that are so much better at the same price.

Up_Point_1

Head Pro
Visit site
NEWQUAYTR7 - If you have a look back through the forum somewhere I think you'll find the Slaz K1 has already taken a bit of a battering from the GM Forum users.

Have to agree with the advice above. I can't help thinking it's an overpriced gimmic which Mr Jacklin and Mr Torrance have sadly agreed to promote.

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
JUST ASK YOURSELF THIS QUESTION !!!!!!!!!!!

DOES SAM TORRANCE USE THIS JUNK ON THE SENIORS TOUR? AND MORE IMPORTANTLY DO YOU KNOW ANYONE ON ANY TOUR WHO PLAYS WITH THIS CLUB?

SAM AND TONY WENT FOR THE CASH. NICE PENSION PLAN !!!

THEY SHOULD CALL IT THE 70K 'COS THATS PROBABLY HOW MUCH THEY GOT FOR DOING THE ADS.

BUY YOURSELF A MIZUNO MX500 WITH REGULAR SHAFT FROM EBAY FOR £60-£80 AND USE A REAL CLUB.

NEWQUAYTR7

Hacker
Visit site
I'm not after buying one, it's just on the golf channel 24/7 so i imagine there are thousands out there, what about the "Bald Eagles" hype or not.

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
When I hear folks considering buy yad golf gear I want to shout:

STOP !!!!!!!!!

STEP AWAY FROM THE CASHDESK AND PUT THAT K1, BALD EAGLE, KNIFE, OR PERFECT CLUB BACK AND STOP BEING SUCKED IN BY PATRONISING AMERICANS WITH LOW HUSKY VOICES WHO PROBABLY COULDN'T HIT A COW ON THE 4R$E WITH A SHOVEL.

I have the best tool any golfer could have and you will never see it for sale on the shopping channel. It's called

**************** PRACTICE ********************

CHOOSE LIFE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The_Golfer

Club Champion
Visit site
In reality, the K1, the plus 10, the knife, the alien wedge.... all one thing in common, they promise to make you hit straighter, longer and without effort...POPPYCOCK!!! If you have a bad swing then the only way to sort it out is to change your swing, get lessons, understand the mechanics of the swing and become a better player. Once you have achieved a more reliable consistent swing then choosing clubs is like buying a car, i.e. what do you like the look of, what feels comfortable, is it value for money, top of the range or cheap? Whatever the issue never think that there are miracle cures out there by way of clubs because there aren’t. I even take issue with too much offset and the interchangeable weights in drivers; most of the time these only accommodate a fault in someone’s swing and effectively brush it under the carpet. If you're a slicer you have a swing fault, if you hook the ball you have a swing fault and so on. I do however accept that if you have a minor swing fault and you are swinging to the best of your physical ability or if you do not have the desire or time to improve your swing then interchangeable weights and offset are a good thing, but I feel many players who are looking to improve their game use these clubs as an aid and they’re not.

Coopsarama

Club Champion
Visit site
Yeah that was what I thought. I mean it looks a good enough club and it hits well enough but It's not any better than some you could find on the market for maybe a hundred pounds less. My friends dad paid almost three hundred for it and I know for a fact you can get the new Squared Nike driver for that. In short it's a good enough club but grossly overpriced and you can get better for cheaper elsewhere.

Visit site
THEY SHOULD CALL IT THE 70K 'COS THATS PROBABLY HOW MUCH THEY GOT FOR DOING THE ADS.

ha ha, that's very amusing!

someone else wondered what Torrance needed the money for and having seen yesyerday's Daily Mail I think I have found out...

It's donuts for his son Daniel. He's marginally larger than the Outback Steakhouse blimp

Alex

Visit site
This link is possibly the one referred to earlier, "As seen on TV".

http://www.golf-monthly.co.uk/forums//showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/1523/an/0/page/1#1523

I asked the question because I was nearly swayed by the spiel. I was so bad off the tee I flogged my Callaway Big Bertha Driver for £30, someone had a bargain. The plan was off to JJB when I get the time, and use the 3 wood in the interim.

In the meantime I tried alsorts from the pro-shop and mates. The pro let me take a selection down the range, and I found I had a major problem with the lot of them. Could go further with my 7 iron off the mat. In the end I bought an ex Demo Ben Ross Trimass V10 off him for £40, and I couldn't hit that one either, but for £40, what the hell. He gave me the option of an emergency lesson should I need it, if I happen to be at the range when he gives a lesson, he would analyse my fault, and you don't get that when you buy off the net or in JJB.

Any way, took it out and after 2 rounds, all tickety boo. I'm sure that had I bought a gimmick from the Telly, I would have thrown it into the back of the garage, and the pro wouldn't speak to me, whereas buying at my club pro-shop I had the safety net of the pro who wanted to be sure I hadn't wasted my dosh.

The moral is, if youv'e got a mate who uses one, borrow it off a few tees and see what it will do. Otherwise, have a word with the pro, he has his reputation and word of mouth is the best advert.

Alex

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
This is reviewed in the latest golf weekly magazine. Apparently it is very average for a £100 driver, and there are better ones about at this price break. (They arrive at £100, as for £160 you get a £50 rescue and a box of balls as well).
In my mind, better value for £100 would be a second hand ping G2 or G5.
A mate just bought a G5 for £50, and is very pleased with it.