Just wondering?

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
If a 5 iron was a 23* club and 38.25" long and another 5 iron make 25* and 37.75" long, what difference in distance hit would you expect without worrying about any other factors?

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
If you alter the loft you alter the bounce, something to consider before you start bending the crap out of them.

If a 5 iron was a 23* club and 38.25" long and another 5 iron make 25* and 37.75" long, then the 4 iron in the second set will be about 38.25" long and 22*. Still going to bend them to buggery or just live with the fact that 4 is the new 5……...

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Depends on the flight of the ball.
Strengthen the lofts and the flight might be too low.
It'll also affect the bounce so you'd need to be sure.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
V
If you alter the loft you alter the bounce, something to consider before you start bending the crap out of them.

If a 5 iron was a 23* club and 38.25" long and another 5 iron make 25* and 37.75" long, then the 4 iron in the second set will be about 38.25" long and 22*. Still going to bend them to buggery or just live with the fact that 4 is the new 5……...

Good point Blue!

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Bit like your eagle today? :whoo:

A very nice chip for Eagle that was, overshadowed my long 4w approach to the back of the green though :smirk:

Shot of the day :whistle:

Hmm, debatable :mmm:

No way.....my second into the 12th to set up the birdie.........no contest!

Nah, my nearest the pin to 160yds into the wind at the 5th to win surely takes the honours :whoo:

You wouldn't have enjoyed it Chris, there was pie and everything!

13.jpg

Oh the steak pie was just wonderful !! Melt in your mouth steak

12.jpg

I have permission to tell you that the eagles are far more frequent…..:(

Hmm, I don't think so, someone had a great Eagle opportunity but came off with a par :whistle: