Just when you think America can’t get any crazier…

IJames

Visit site
Worrying for me is that this, and the right wing Evangelical Christianity of too many of the Supreme Court, takes the US down a route that could end in ‘Blessed be the Fruit’
There are no member of the SC that are from recognised Evangical churches, though 6 are described as Catholic, which, like others, has a broad spectrum of non-religious attitudes. https://www.christianitytoday.com/c...ce-evangelical-protestant-catholic-nomin.html Evangelicism seems to clash with the role of SC Justices to be even-handed. As for the gun issue, the justification is quite clearly stated in the Constitution, so it's only by the restriction of the type of killing tools generally available. That Pandora's Box has been well and truly smashed beyond closure!

Last edited:

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
It's not religion, this was just a disturbed person that had easy access to guns that were designed with the sole purpose of killing people en masse.

The rest are just evil people that try and hide their crimes behind the veil of religion.

And yet, there are people in the US today who want all teachers armed :(

IJames

Visit site
It's not religion, this was just a disturbed person that had easy access to guns that were designed with the sole purpose of killing people en masse.

The rest are just evil people that try and hide their crimes behind the veil of religion.

And yet, there are people in the US today who want all teachers armed :(
Apologies. I probably misled you by quoting and commenting on an old post unrelated to the latest killing spree.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Woke Definition & Meaning
View attachment 47239
Merriam-Webster
https://www.merriam-webster.com › dictionary › woke

The meaning of WOKE is aware of and actively attentive to important societal facts and issues (especially issues of racial and social justice).

Totally agree Bob but I think the term or word WOKE has been hijacked by those who think the world is going namby pamby or politically correct, so it is just easy to use the term Woke.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Totally agree Bob but I think the term or word WOKE has been hijacked by those who think the world is going namby pamby or politically correct, so it is just easy to use the term Woke.

It’s been hijacked by people who (for some reason) want to be free to insult and offend people however they want. Yet, will whine if their views and opinions are challenged in any way, and you are not allowed to insult or offend them.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Talking about america getting crazier, is there anything more strange than their sense of humour. I watched an American comedian whilst away. It was 45 minutes of rammel. On a par with the ABBA tribute act. It was one woman. 😳

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
Talking about america getting crazier, is there anything more strange than their sense of humour. I watched an American comedian whilst away. It was 45 minutes of rammel. On a par with the ABBA tribute act. It was one woman. 😳
Do you know who you have seen?