Just joined my local club

user2009

Head Pro
Visit site
Just joined my local club, first membership ever, all for the huge sum of £200 a year (7 day unlimited access) plus health club and food discounts

It was a no brainer really, works out £3 odd a week, costs me that for 1 trip to the driving range.

The good thing is that at the moment nobody goes so you can basically camp on a hole and just practice driving, putting, chipping etc. exactly what I need

I definitely need the course practice as I've been getting too used to the forgiving astro turf mats at the range, soggy ground is a different matter.

Comedy moment today when me and my playing partner put 7 balls OOB between us off the 3rd tee :rofl: Yep we need the practice ;) Though I did drive to within 4 feet of the hole eventually and held the put (I'm claiming a birdie for that)

Also I tried an R11 driver today for a few shots, not bad, I'm keeping my options open as I didn't really get on with my MP600 today. My zebra putter was a joy, held all my puts within 5 or 6 feet.

Last edited:

Big D 88

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
hey mate

Is this hallgarth by any chance? OOB on the 3rd seems natural?

If not, you best still play there a few times, i need the company?!

user2009

Head Pro
Visit site
hey mate

Is this hallgarth by any chance? OOB on the 3rd seems natural?

If not, you best still play there a few times, i need the company?!

Hallgarth yes mate, great deal at that price, available until the end of the month. I'll let you know when I'm going next though a lot of times it won't be for a proper round but just to practice a few holes here and there. Are you joining?

Big D 88

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Hallgarth yes mate, great deal at that price, available until the end of the month. I'll let you know when I'm going next though a lot of times it won't be for a proper round but just to practice a few holes here and there. Are you joining?

with me not driving , signing up for HallGarth would mean i could only play when im with someone else

i live a stones throw from Darlington GC (literally opposite my street) so was thinking of joining there

That said, il probably pay n play my way through 2013 and look for somewhere in '14

user2009

Head Pro
Visit site
with me not driving , signing up for HallGarth would mean i could only play when im with someone else

i live a stones throw from Darlington GC (literally opposite my street) so was thinking of joining there

That said, il probably pay n play my way through 2013 and look for somewhere in '14

No problem, I can pick you up now and again mate for the Hallgarth no problem it's only a couple of miles I reckon.

As I said though I'm just thrashing at the moment and playing a few balls on the holes whilst it's quiet so am not scoring, if you don't mind that.

Big D 88

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
No problem, I can pick you up now and again mate for the Hallgarth no problem it's only a couple of miles I reckon.

As I said though I'm just thrashing at the moment and playing a few balls on the holes whilst it's quiet so am not scoring, if you don't mind that.

Yeah fine by me

How's the course looking? I havent played there since Jan 4th, when i shot 102 gross, and tbf it was in pretty good nick. Although we've had snow since then

user2009

Head Pro
Visit site
Yeah fine by me

How's the course looking? I havent played there since Jan 4th, when i shot 102 gross, and tbf it was in pretty good nick. Although we've had snow since then

Much better than I expected, very little standing water and the greens are fine, only a few boggy areas too, it drains very well. I'll let you know when I'm going for a few hours (might do a few hour or so quick hits too) and we can maybe arrange something.

Big D 88

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Much better than I expected, very little standing water and the greens are fine, only a few boggy areas too, it drains very well. I'll let you know when I'm going for a few hours (might do a few hour or so quick hits too) and we can maybe arrange something.

Yeah sure , i'm well up for that!!