Just had the Jehovahs round !!

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
JWs have a duty to their beliefs to actively spread the word and so I will welcome them to my door and give them a little of my time. It is not difficult and it is not very frequent. Ido however then tell them that they don't need to convince me as I am a regular church-goer and that tends to be a copnversation closer. There is nothing like having a bit of faith to improve spritual and as a result your mental and physical well-being, and please - it is rather ignorant and a bit insulting to lump together in a 'god-botherer' pot all who have a religous belief. But me? I just turn the other cheek.

JPH

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Personally I go by the " do as you would be done by"; even though I'm an amateur anarchist communist, an atheist, and despise golf dress codes, i am polite, thank them for their interest, and wish them a good day.

Religion has been the cause of many terrible things, but also does many wonderful and good things. I still don't believe in god though.

They are usually very pleasant. Why not be pleasant back.

The blood transfusion thing is a bit of a red herring - would you say the same about parents who won't give their kids the MMR vaccine?
Not exactly the same, but not totally different either, although I have sympathy for the kids in both cases.
The fact that I disagree with them, doesn't mean I am right.
Now, The AVON lady - that is a completely different subject and they should be against the law

Well yeah , I don't like the retard doctor who made links that don't exist between autism and mmr , what I should have said is I don't like their religion , as individuals I'm sure they are lovely and indeed I know and love a couple of em

DappaDonDave

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We get Mormons normally, very attractive young ladies, in pairs. Usually during the footy on a Sunday.

Aren't they Hippo shaped minature creatures?...oh no, thats the moomins.

Don't have a place in my life for religion. For those who do, don't force it on me and I won't get all Atheist, Darwin/dawkinsy on your behind!

Mr_T

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Don't think we've ever had them round, or if we have I can't remember the last time, which is funny because one of my sister's best friends is a jehovah's witness. Her family is a nice lot and never seen them openly express or actively preach their religion so I have nothing against them. Although I think what they believe is utter nonsense, the way I see it is each to their own, nothing wrong with what they're doing if it makes them happy and as long as they don't impose it on me I have nothing actively against it