Just been to the range

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Yes, you are starting down very steep and that is getting you outside.

Try this as a drill. When at the range place your ball two inches inside one of the high rubber tees. Make a swing that takes the ball but misses the tee. Repeat many times.

timchump

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
thanks

i have tried a similar drill with a head cover.

i'm obviously getting back in to bad habits, next time i'm at the range i will do this with every shot

timchump

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
hi justone

my ball flight is ok, normally a small draw or straight, bad shot is a hook.
im trying to get rid of my over the top movement in the the downswing, everytime i see it it makes me cringe, a bad habit i can't seem to cure

i noticed better players tend to shallow out the club in transistion but i seem to do the opposite - steepening the club

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
hi justone

my ball flight is ok, normally a small draw or straight, bad shot is a hook.
im trying to get rid of my over the top movement in the the downswing, everytime i see it it makes me cringe, a bad habit i can't seem to cure

i noticed better players tend to shallow out the club in transistion but i seem to do the opposite - steepening the club

Yeh, even though you have an ott move you still keep the club to the inside (just) by steepening it,,, then swinging hard left in the release which is getting you off balance. Hard to see what's going on clearly in the dark but I'd be tempted to say add a little more tilt from the waist at address and a little more tilt towards the ball with your left shoulder on the backswing. A slightly steeper takeaway (with shoulder turn) may help you stop your ott move (and your head raising in the backswing).

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
im no expert but you seem to be a little of balance on the follow through

was just about to point that out. nice looking swing. you dont seem to finish very smoothly for some reason. i only noticed it on the third swing, then checked and its in them all. i suffer from something similar. its a question of balance. we need to have our weight correctly positioned. balls of feet or something. im sure someone else can shed more light on this matter.

timchump

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Yeh, even though you have an ott move you still keep the club to the inside (just) by steepening it,,, then swinging hard left in the release which is getting you off balance. Hard to see what's going on clearly in the dark but I'd be tempted to say add a little more tilt from the waist at address and a little more tilt towards the ball with your left shoulder on the backswing. A slightly steeper takeaway (with shoulder turn) may help you stop your ott move (and your head raising in the backswing).

thanks, that makes sense, will give it a go :thup:

Last edited: