Junior golf clubs for 9ry old

Ian_Bristol

Head Pro
Visit site
Daughter has a set of callaw xj clubs but using her 3 wood pushes it out the.swing speed for her is about 65mph right and I am worried that the shaft mabe to soft any ides as a fix to get her drive
straighter and maybe go for a set of us kids pro iron as the have stiffee shafr
ian
Cheers

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Not sure wher aborts in Bristol you are, but Windmill Golf Academy ( top of M32) advertise GoGolphin (I think) clubs which are kid specific and might be worth a try. They come in pink for girls so mite be a bit gimmicky but if you speak to Emma, one of the professionals there, she is really good with kids so should be able to point you in the right direction.

i have no connection with Windmill, apart from being a member

the_coach

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
callaway make good junior clubs - real important at younger age levels more are the correct club lengths with clubs that are not heavy

us kids make also real good clubs - good attention to details and good 'size' ranges at kids grow

but at 9 kids just don't have the upper body or arm or wrist/hand strength to be able to support a 'stiffer' shaft
shafts too stiff will just interfere in a good development of the swing motion

would just focus on the correct club lengths and weight at the younger ages - up to around 14/15 the kids just don't have the strength to 'work' stiff shafts without it damaging their technique also can cause physical issues

there really needs to be some 'softness' in the shafts they use

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
My son used the US golf clubs range for a couple of sizes before going onto ladies clubs before now being big enough and strong enough for adults clubs, fitted. The US clubs were very good but we did buy them from a nearby pro shop to make sure they were the right size and weight for him. Not a fitting as such, more a 2 minute check by the pro, but it made sure they were the correct version. The pro even mixed up the sizes between sets to make sure they were right for him. You don't get that service from buying online.

Having seen so many kids struggle with the wrong clubs, mainly adult ones cut down, it is worth driving to a shop were you can talk to someone. The suggestion about Windmill sounds a really good one, especially if there is a female pro as that will help make your daughter feel more comfortable.