Jordan Mixed Open

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
I am confused. Wasn't there a thread on this about a week ago? It seems to have disappeared. Or am I imagining things? I was certain that somebody had asked what the course length would be for the different player groups. And I wanted to comment that I just found that information.

The women of the Ladies European Tour will be playing from tee positions adding up to 6139 yards, the men from the StaySure tour play the course at 6601 yards and the guys from the Challenge Tour 7100 yards.

I am really excited about this and hope that it will get some coerage by the media (despite being schedules alongside the first women's major of the year and the inaugural Augusta Nationals Women's Amateur),

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
It does feel a little ironic that this could be a big step for the ladies game, but the focus appears more likely to be on Augusta followed by their first major.

Hope it can work as I think it will benefit all three groups, but I think it will be refined alot before mixed tournaments on the European and PGA tour will happen.

Hopefully get some coverage as would love to see a bit and would certianly go to a similar event in the UK

cookelad

Tour Winner
Visit site
As they said on 'The Cut' not sure how well it will work with three different levels playing for the same prize off three different tees, there's the potential that if there's a lot more players from a single section than the other then two someone will say their tees were too easy, basically it's going to be difficult to get the balance right but hopefully they do and the tournament is a success and brings some interest to all three tours being represented.

D

Deleted member 15344

Shame there is no live coverage at all in tbe UK

This week there is no ET event so Sky could show this event but nope - repeats and PGA stuff

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I think its an interesting concept. However as it only has male players from the challenge and Staysure tour as well as European ladies (with a big ladies event taking place in California) then I can understand why it is perhaps not getting the TV coverage others seem to think it deserves. Its an even that certainly needs both momentum behind it and a better field in the future t ensure it continues year on year but it'll be interesting to see how it plays out and the response it gets.

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I like the idea of the event, and so far looking at the scores it seems to be a fair set up. As to the coverage the rights to the LET are owned by Discovery's GOLFTV, so Sky no longer have the rights to show it.