Joe Calzaghe - Job well done!

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
Anybody see the fight?

I thought it was a good performance from Joe bar the knockdown which was a lame half-slip/half-dig knockdown.

Boxed within himself, kept the pressure on and didn't lose his cool when Hopkins was trying to buy time towards the end of the fight and didn't get frustrated with all the holding on the inside.

A well deserved victory by 4 on my card.

Was nervous when they said it was a split decision, Vegas isn't exactly a stranger to dodgy decisions, obviously the judge who gave it to Hopkins was Stevie Wonder in disguise.

Where does he go now? I think the Roy Jones fight will happen in the states and then 1 more fight after that at home.

As a side-note, Audinary Harrisson should just pack it in, he took too long to dispatch a poor journeyman fighter and didn't look convincing. Yes he has a dig but he is too negative, too slow, too dull to impress judges and he doesn't like copping one at all.

B

birdieman

over-hyped, both past their sell-by date, dull fight. I like a proper fight rather than a jabbing match.

Does Calzaghe ever knock anyone out?

Give me the old days of Hagler/Hearns/Duran/Benn/Eubank any day, the current crop are all forgettable.

Up_Point_1

Head Pro
Visit site
Audinary Harrisson

Do you not mean Fraudley Harrison?

The amount of money this talentless idiot has conned from the British public is beyond me. For somebody who promised so so much he's delivered absolutely nothing.

DHM.

mick

Assistant Pro
Visit site
i think hopkins should have got the decision,glad he never but there you are.i think the only reason joe got the decision is because he never stopped coming forwards,hopkins fought well on the inside,countered well,and was landing the better punches all night.however i can't stand the man and if it were a white man who made the same remarks there would certainly have been more said about it(this remark is in no way meant to spark a heated pollitical debate,i hold no racist views,if you would like me to delete this statement just let me know).
I say all this bitterly,as i was on the wrong end of two bad points decisions in 96 and 97 in aba semi finals,so i have a certain compassion for hopkins.

mick

Assistant Pro
Visit site
or Audrey Harrison!,i was all impressed with him in the 98(i think) commonwealth games and 2000 olympics,but he certainly hasn't been able to step that up into the pro game.at the end of the day the man has made a fortune being a mediocre pro fighter,normally i would say good luck to the man,but not at the paying publics expense.

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think Calzaghe is a legend. I haven't seen the fight yet as I have been away the last four days on a lads weekend but I am about to watch the repeat on Setanta 1 at 12.00, I'm interested to see what I think as one person told me it was brilliant and another said it was a huge dissapointment-more like the Hatton v Mayweather fight. Either way I'm glad Calzaghe beat him, and is still undefeated.