Jin Young Ko back to #1 without playing!

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Nelly Korda's relatively poor finish (T20) means she drops below JY Ko in the (averaging) rating method.
Doesn't seem quite right to me.

Great to see Lydia Ko back winning though!

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
One player reduces their average, the other doesn't, depending on whether a previous good result falls out.

Same happens under WHS where you can have a decent round and see your index rise, if a previous good score falls out of the 20.

It is all just maths, really.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
One player reduces their average, the other doesn't, depending on whether a previous good result falls out.

Same happens under WHS where you can have a decent round and see your index rise, if a previous good score falls out of the 20.

It is all just maths, really.
I don't have a problem with WHS's dropping of 20th - as handicap is more directly related to recent scores. In fact, WHS's process immediately sprang to mind when I saw the article.
But it doesn't seem right wrt becoming World #1 without playing. It works differently, and a bit more logically (to me) in Race to CBE Globe, where it's cumulative (on prize money). If that approach were applied, JY Ko would have registered 0 points while Korda would have registered some.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Jin has the opportunity to play the same or more tournaments than Nelly or Lydia...
As Ethan says...it's just maths..