Jewellery and golf

TigerBear

Visit site
Out of interest, if you wear a ring(s) or wedding band do you take it off when playing a round?

I always take my wedding ring off and keep it on my chain for safe keeping.

My PP wears two rings a wedding band and a ring on his right hand middle finger. He takes the RH ring off but keeps the wedding ring on as he says he doesn't notice the difference with his left hand.

Each to their own but keeping on my ring doesn't feel right and I'm conscious of it.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
I take my wedding ring off simply because it is quite a wide band and doesnt feel comfortable under the glove.

However I have a smaller less intrusive ring, that I wear on my left hand little finger that I don't take off.

I also do not wear my watch whilst playing either.

D

Deleted member 23344

I keep on both my rings; wedding ring on my left hand and another ring on the equivalent finger of my right hand. I don’t notice them when playing.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Leave it on & you'll soon get used to it

Had to add a new ring a couple of months back & swap another one from one hand to the other and my golf grip felt really weird, even annoying. After a few hundred swings its become unnoticeable

RichA

Visit site
I stopped wearing my wedding ring when a colleague suffered degloving.
Don't Google it if you're of a queasy disposition.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Used to have a chain and the wedding ring went on there..
Stopped wearing the chain when The Boy came along as he liked to grab it...so the ring stayed at home when I was playing.
Forgot to put it back on one day and haven't worn it since....:eek:
The Mrs understands ;)

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
When I used to wear a watch and a ring I preferred to take them off to play golf, gets them out of the way. I haven't worn a watch in years now though - and I haven't even worn my wedding ring since before the pandemic started. It's a bit too big for me and I haven't bothered having it resized yet. Once the pandemic hit and I was stuck at home I just stopped wearing it, and I haven't started again. She doesn't seem to care. :LOL: Might just wear it for special occasions.

But anyway, initially I took it off for golf as I didn't like the feel with it on.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Used to always take my watch and ID bracelet off...no longer as no longer wear either..and went through a short phase of taking wedding ring off as was conscious of it nipping skin of the finger when gripping. I must grip lighter these days as not bothered so and don't take it off.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I used to take mine off as it started to hurt, particularly on long range sessions.

I stopped wearing mine many years a go as it was in danger of losing the stone and needed resetting.

I stopped wearing my mechanical watch when I realised that it was losing time due to the impacts.

AAC

Visit site
I have a wedding band plus a signet ring on my left pinkie, both have been on so long they do not easily come off, hence I play golf wearing them, you soon get used to it.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Do you mean Playing Around, or playing a round? If I was playing around I would definately take it off, but if I was playing a round, I don't.

Absolutely this......... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

On the other hand, I don't have a ring, but when I practice Aikido, the wedding ring always comes off. More chance of broken fingers, which may make it worse for the ring finger and probably involve the ring having to be cut off.