JCB Golf & Country Club

fat80b

Hacker
Visit site
Have been invited to play here next month.

Play off 23 so am slightly concerned that it is going to be a bit too much of a challenge but I'm really looking forward to it :)

D

Deleted member 31582

I just went back to the beginning of the thread to get a better feel of the replies and to read all the comments, and to see if any opinions might had changed after playing the course, and noticed the OP has ‘blackballed’ under his/her name!

Does it mean what I think it does, as the OP hasn’t been seen since 2020, and it’s the first one I’ve noticed.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
I just went back to the beginning of the thread to get a better feel of the replies and to read all the comments, and to see if any opinions might had changed after playing the course, and noticed the OP has ‘blackballed’ under his/her name!

Does it mean what I think it does, as the OP hasn’t been seen since 2020, and it’s the first one I’ve noticed.

Member has been banned for violation of forum rules!

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
The charity I played there with has upped their price from £200 last year to £300 this. It still sold out within half a day! :eek:

I am on the reserve this and am not ruling out a return if asked.

It is very good indeed. Not easy to get in and you'll pay a decent price for the privilege. If you have the cash, play it, you won't regret it.

fat80b

Hacker
Visit site
It was great - We played in March, the weather was good (dry and a little wind) and the course superb. It was frozen when we got there so we went out about an hour late, but there was only ~15 people playing that day so not a problem. Loved the practice range with the little stack of balls as well as the chipping area and the embroidered towel. It certainly felt special.

I didn't play well but did hit some nice shots on the way round - The less said about the score (120), the better. Even with a buggy, it was a long walk - I would't want to carry round - you'd be knackered,

The 17th was playing into about a 20mph headwind by the time we got there, and for me with my high ball flight, that meant driver to try and carry the lake! - made it (just) with my second ball. I hit 3 more (just because) and couldn't improve on that one. Then proceeded to smash a drive on 18 back over the lake which was a nice finish to a tough day out.

Looking to go back next month if we can get on, would hope that drier conditions would help me a bit, but probably not :)