JCB Golf & Country Club

D

Deleted member 15344

I recently heard that it has some amazing holes, but also some very dull holes - I'm hoping for an invitation this summer so I'll have to see for myself
That’s the same as what I was told by someone who has played it - the same sort of service you get at the Grove or Centurion etc - condition is great on most holes but a few need a tidy up , it has some stunning holes but a few ok ones. This is someone who has played the likes of Queenwood , Wisley and was a member of the Centurion - he wasn’t blown away by it. I believe Beavebrooks is the next one for him to do.

Blakey

Medal Winner
Visit site
A friend of mine runs a charity golf day every year, and this year in the auction was a 4 ball at the JCB.

I think it went for £700 in the end.

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The website course pics are pretty darn stunning to my eyes.

My invite is a corporate one and if I am being honest I’d never heard of it, nor it’s exclusively before last week.

I’ve played a handful of your top 10 plus a good sprinkling of top 100 courses and I have to admit I’m really looking forward to getting on it in September.

Regarding the exclusive nature of the place and the ‘ethics’ of it.

I don’t care personally. Similarly I don’t care that I won’t get to play Augusta, loch Lomond, queenswood etc.

If rich dudes want a private jolly then I don’t mind a jot.

I’m still left with about 40 thousand courses around the world I can play if I do desire.

From a fiver a pop up to a good few grand.

Private courses are not the reason young people in the UK are not taking up the game.

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Bump...

Played it yesterday

Holy moley it’s off the charts in terms of design and layout.

The turf and the tundra will need a few years of proper growth to challenge the top 10.

However for my money it’s without doubt the best parkland course I’ve ever played. Possibly the most enjoyable inland course I’ve ever played as well.

Does it have the same class and pedigree of your sunnngdales etc

No

If I was offered a free round at either venue tomorrow though.

JCB wins.

It was utterly fantastic. So much fun and a real tough test.

D

Deleted member 15344

Bump...

Played it yesterday

Holy moley it’s off the charts in terms of design and layout.

The turf and the tundra will need a few years of proper growth to challenge the top 10.

However for my money it’s without doubt the best parkland course I’ve ever played. Possibly the most enjoyable inland course I’ve ever played as well.

Does it have the same class and pedigree of your sunnngdales etc

No

If I was offered a free round at either venue tomorrow though.

JCB wins.

It was utterly fantastic. So much fun and a real tough test.
That good mate ?

Someone I know has an account with JCB and trying to sort something out for a few to visit .

A charity is also trying to get an event there ( something associated with the European Tour )

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
That good mate ?

Someone I know has an account with JCB and trying to sort something out for a few to visit .

A charity is also trying to get an event there ( something associated with the European Tour )

Honestly it was f’ing class.

18 signature holes. Not one single boring part and I played it with an absolutely blinding hangover.

If the place was called glen eagles or similar it would be UK top 5 easily.

I’ve never seen such a cool looking course. The shape of the holes and the contours etc. Mind blowing.

All staff were wonderfully friendly and very hospitable.

I’m a massive fan already. So much so that I even bought a branded sweatshirt from the pro shop 😂

Honestly Phil (or anyone reading)

If you get the opportunity, then go.

Forget that it’s a new upstart golf course with zero history. It’s just pure class.

Oh yeah

It helped that my team won the event too. 😂

D

Deleted Member 1156

18 signature holes. Not one single boring part and I played it with an absolutely blinding hangover.

I’ve never seen such a cool looking course. The shape of the holes and the contours etc. Mind blowing.

All staff were wonderfully friendly and very hospitable.

I’m a massive fan already. So much so that I even bought a branded sweatshirt from the pro shop 😂

Honestly Phil (or anyone reading)

If you get the opportunity, then go.

Forget that it’s a new upstart golf course with zero history. It’s just pure class.

Oh yeah

It helped that my team won the event too. 😂
Just out of interest, how many of the current top 5 (or 10) have you played?

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site

I'd bet it's not natural though. All done by moving earth about! ;);)

D

Deleted member 1147

With your connections looks like a goer for next years H4H
Oh yeah, good thinking...nice and local for me, which should keep costs down nicely (so I can bid on more items, obviously :)) (y)