its snowing !!!!!

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
nonsense, get the flashing balls out! Actually, on the way to work today i felt sorry for everyone who was meant to be playing today!

Hope its gone by tommorow!

billyg

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Has anyone tried playing golf in snow before?

Yep, orange balls a must but this was a muni 12 years ago and i'm not sure it's possible to buy anything other than yellow or white anymore.

Most clubs will be closed no doubt. Just phoned into mine and there's no golf to be played today - pah :mad:

Just got into London and the snow is 3 inched deep on the grass in the local park . Can't imagine what it's like on the course -they have a point. The minu 12 years ago was a less than an inch.

A day of housework, rubbish telly, wandering down pavements like a demented penguin, having snowballs filled with frozen dog mess aimed at my back and snoozing . It's the loss of days' decent recreation that wrankles- bah and humbug. :rolleyes:

barb

Head Pro
Visit site
:D I love the snow.
I got my game in yesterday and played 2 under my handicap :rolleyes:
Today, we are having our photos taken at Venture photography and then if the snow is still lying build a snowman then Chicken roast, yummy!! ;)

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Snow has been and gone here. Turning into quite a nice day now. Wish I had not listened to the weather forecast and had set up a game now.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Snowed this morning. Phoned the club to make sure the stableford was cancelled (didn't want a ban for missing my time) and I'm sure the pro thought I was having a laugh for even suggesting the course was open.

Went up there at lunchtime (after a lie in until 11.30) to get my clubs from the locker. The snow had melted and it looked a picture but was still closed. Quite rightly.

Went to the range to try and get a practice session and even that was closed (they couldn't get out to pick the balls up). Tried the putting green to give my new putter a go and that had huge puddles on where the snow had melted (and the reamins of a giant snowman in the middle).

Gave up trying to hit balls so went home and did something that really pleaase the wife (no not that!!!!!!). Went into the spare room and gathered up a load of my old putters, a Wilson Fat Shaft Tour 2 iron (looked like a knife the top edge was sooo thin) several umbrellas, a 1/2 set of ladies clubs the wife had but hasn't used in 8 years and various odd and sods. Put them in my Big Bertha II cart bag and took them to American Golf.

They are sending unwanted kit back to head office for redistribution to schools and youth clubs to encourage juniors into the game that otherwise may not have the kit to play. Even gave them the bag (could probably have got £50 odd quid for it on flea bay).

Must have been a quiet day because all the little shop juniors were scurrying round tring all the stuff out. The manager was pretty cool and let me have a pair of plain black Stromberg trousers (worth £29.95) in return

It must