It should be illegal.............

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I certainly know about the program 'Rip off Britain' and the 3 hosts (or hostesses! ;)). 'Scary' was always part of their 'required attributes'! I still fail to understand why that should be deemed sexist. Can't coment on the program 'Loose Women' though.
Never seen either program so I can't comment on that one.

D

Deleted member 25172

For any bloke over the age of 45 to wear Jeans, you look stupid so stop doing it also any women to wear Culottes on a golf course, either buy some shorts or just wear trousers, there are not a good look.

Lucky I have another 9 year or so to go before looking stupid, but goodness this was silly imo.

andycap

Head Pro
Visit site
If we cannot have Man size Tissues coz of the word “ Man”. How can we have Loose Women because of the word “Women”. “Loose gender neutral people of all ethnic diversities” sounds politically correct and surely would not offend the professionally offended. 😉
What about manholes ?

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
For any bloke over the age of 45 to wear Jeans, you look stupid so stop doing it also any women to wear Culottes on a golf course, either buy some shorts or just wear trousers, there are not a good look.

.................. for anyone to suggest the above. :eek:
I've been wearing them for 15 years beyond the cut-off date and nobody has said a word.

jusme

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

LOL....you can't generalise like that....but I take your point. I don't think you can slap an age on it. I'm north of that, south of 50 and wear jeans. I know I look fine in them, but there definitely is an age (no idea when that is) where it looks hideous

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
LOL....you can't generalise like that....but I take your point. I don't think you can slap an age on it. I'm north of that, south of 50 and wear jeans. I know I look fine in them, but there definitely is an age (no idea when that is) where it looks hideous
The key thing is that they have to fit correctly. Quite often older people will have jeans that are too big for them and they just hang there and look terrible. If they fit correctly then they can still look good.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
The key thing is that they have to fit correctly. Quite often older people will have jeans that are too big for them and they just hang there and look terrible. If they fit correctly then they can still look good.

Nope. They really don't. Ever.

They look great on fit young ladies. That is it. End of.

woofers

Medal Winner
Visit site
Can we caveat this....blue denim jeans are generally a no no from the age 40ish. However black, or grey jeans can be worn into later life.

AMcC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
To build houses without solar panels on the roof.

To build houses / an estate with clearly insufficient car parking spaces. Either driveways or parking provision, not on road or pavement parking, should work on two cars per home minimum, three cars for a four bedroom house.
Building Regs in Scotland currently require low carbon technologies in new build housing, Sometimes it takes a while to work through as builders lodged loads of applications just before the change so they didn’t have to.
Interestingly saw a major house builder who has just started building locally have solar panels on every roof. Not that many but at least a start.
The parking should be a requirement too, but planning near you may not enforce it. Locally planning ask for what you say but 2 spaces must be nose to tail.
Agree thoroughly with what you say though

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Can we caveat this....blue denim jeans are generally a no no from the age 40ish. However black, or grey jeans can be worn into later life.

You see, much like the socks, I wear what I feel comfy wearing.(y)
I wear jeans 7 days a week except when I'm playing golf
And I don't care what anyone else thinks about it either
If others don't like it, that's their problem, not mine.
And I feel largely the same about any dress codes/rules.
It probably mattered back in 1950.......:p

Wolf

Visit site
Well going by that I've only 2 good years left in me.

Sorry but it's a no vote from me on this caveat. Blue jeans dressed well with nice shirt or decent jumper, along with a stylish pair of shoes or boots can look good at any age as long as they fit right.

Even throw it back a bit with a classic white t shirt, nice pair of boots a classic look that can be pulled off.

However the caveat I'd add is grey jeans hell no that's something people wear when they get older because they think they have to at a certain age, that just makes you look older because you're trying to hard not to..

The other is white jeans on men absolutely no way this should ever be deemed acceptable. They should be reserved for fit young ladies ;)

So to all you men out there keep revolting against the you can't wear something just because of your age brigade....

Andy

Tour Winner
Visit site

What would you suggest, some nice wind flapping, half mast beige chinos?