Is this the moan section.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
So cold. I only spent an hour on the practice green yesterday in a base layer, polo jumper, wool jumper and a waterproof jacket and hat and it still took me several hours at home with the heating on and HID providing regular tea to thaw out.

I have zero inclination to go out and play for four hours or stand on a lonely range hitting balls and getting colder with each shot.

On the positive side I always think that once the new year is here we have turned the corner and it isn't long until March and spring sunshine and a chance to get out after 4.00pm

Herbie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Im sitting here in the coolest spot in the room alcove bit for the benefit of the PC, its times like now I think about moving it in front of the fire.

Herbie

Tour Winner
Visit site
go on herb, live dangerously & toasty

Yeah but that will just bring on another moan about all the bloody wiring and stuff, then when summer comes round it gets real warm in here and my little alcove is a blessing, oh woe is me, I just need a passing dog to warm my feet on, but shes busy laying on her back with a chew strategically ballanced in her paws, even if she did oblige me, withing five minutes shed be up again in a rush and probably pull one of the cables out again! :( ;)

Cernunnos

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Yeah but that will just bring on another moan about all the bloody wiring and stuff, then when summer comes round it gets real warm in here and my little alcove is a blessing, oh woe is me, I just need a passing dog to warm my feet on, but shes busy laying on her back with a chew strategically ballanced in her paws, even if she did oblige me, withing five minutes shed be up again in a rush and probably pull one of the cables out again! :( ;)

You need one of those giant granny slippers they used to have in the adverts section of newspapers years ago...lol

I was going to take all the missuses wine bottle down the bottle bank but the rain today...! :(

Herbie

Tour Winner
Visit site

You need one of those giant granny slippers they used to have in the adverts section of newspapers years ago...lol

I was going to take all the missuses wine bottle down the bottle bank but the rain today...! :(

Is the missus bottle bank near the course? hic!

Cernunnos

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Is the missus bottle bank near the course? hic!

Its near one of my courses, hic..!

Wonder if they will allow me to make a withdrawl from the bottle bank, could do with some malt whiskey for a serious winter round..hic.

Herbie

Tour Winner
Visit site
The grumpy old golfers section..lol

I object to the word old. lol

Is there a limited membership or can any moaning old bugger joing?................Where do I apply, I have a City and Guilds in Frustration, a dgree in misery and am a Doctor of confrontation. ;)

Tommo21

Tour Winner
www.royalmusselburgh.co.uk
I think we should have a winter moan section on this forum. We have winter greens, thats a good moan. We have freeezzzing conditions, thats a good moan. It gets dark at 4, thats a good moan. The hols are here soon and I want more days off for golf in the summer, thats a moan. Oh, my green fees are due soon, that's a bloody good moan.

Lets get it all out, add your moan below.

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
4 days + the weekend off work and I cant bloody play golf :fistshakey: what a nightmare, I have been looking forward to this for weeks :( I need to move abroad.