Is this an ESR? I don't get it guv'?

tsped83

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hoping one of you clever chaps can help me out here. Another boring handicap question but here goes;

Yesterday I shot a net 64, 5 under standard scratch. Earlier in the year I had a net 63, 6 under standard scratch. So, i'm thinking an ESR is due?

Before yesterday I was off 21.2, and by my idiot calculation I would be cut to 19.2 (correct?). I would be happy with that. However, the handicap list in the club (and HDID) shows 18.5. So how is the -0.7 reduction calculated?? I've tried to work it out by the ESR thing but still don't get it?

There were approx. 7/8 rounds between my two good scores, and average differential of 5.5 would be a 1 shot cut, not 0.7?? I AM CONFUSED.

Any help is much appreciated!

BTatHome

Tour Winner
Visit site
At a guess you may have gotten a 0.5 ESR cut and you may have miscalculated the correct cuts as you crossed the categories from cat4 into cat3

gdc

Head Pro
Visit site
I'm guessing you started at 21.2 the first 2 below SS gets you down 0.8 to 20.4.
The next 3 shots gets you down 0.9 to 19.5.

looks like you got chopped another shot on observation down to 18.5.

well played sir a good knock!

tsped83

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm guessing you started at 21.2 the first 2 below SS gets you down 0.8 to 20.4.
The next 3 shots gets you down 0.9 to 19.5.

looks like you got chopped another shot on observation down to 18.5.

well played sir a good knock!

A-ha! Thanks mate, that kind of makes sense. I thought the reduction would have 0.4 for each shot under scratch because I STARTED in cat4, didn't realise it got adjusted mid way through a reduction. Thanks for your help.