Is This A Record?

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
I played to day in a society do from my wifes work. They did a Ryder Cup thing. All out as four balls but gross scores added together lowest wins the hole. Total holes won from all matches to count. (Hope this makers sense). So afterwards in the clubhouse the worst score of the day was announced to collect a golf ball perched on a pile of poo (ho ho) was....... 171. That's one hundred and seventy one. Surely a record!

Or does anyone know of a worse score?

PS USA won 39-33 I played for Europe and contributed to us winning 15 points. :thup:

D

Deleted Member 1156

If I understand correctly, 2 gross scores added together came to 171 for 18 holes? I've seen woese scores than that in 36 hole scratch opens :eek:

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Are you saying that he had 171 shots for 18 holes?

Yes....not his first round either apparently. It wasn't a difficult course either...Chapel-en-le frith. Flat. Lift and place, so teeing it up every shot as well. My guess is he probably didn't know about this.
I played with a 6 H/C and we got a round of applause for his 85 and my 88. I kid you not.

351DRIVER

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
If you pull someone off the street who has little hand eye coordination and has never played golf and ask them to go play 18 on a 6500 yard course, it would not surprise me in the least to see them score 200 or more.

STONE cold beginners find golf REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY HARD... i think we as golfers forget how hard it was the first time we played..

shivas irons

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
If you pull someone off the street who has little hand eye coordination and has never played golf and ask them to go play 18 on a 6500 yard course, it would not surprise me in the least to see them score 200 or more.

STONE cold beginners find golf REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY HARD... i think we as golfers forget how hard it was the first time we played..
I would love to see a group of pro's do this, pull a guy off the street who's never played before,watch him shoot in the 300's For 18 holes and see how good they can get him :).