Is this a penalty?

salfordlad

Visit site
Doesn't post #4 already say that?
No it doesn't. The question asks whether there is a penalty. Reply #4 says "Yes" (ie there is a penalty). My answer explains why the answer could, in fact, be yes or no, depending on information not provided in the OP.

Colin L

Tour Winner
Visit site
No it doesn't. The question asks whether there is a penalty. Reply #4 says "Yes" (ie there is a penalty). My answer explains why the answer could, in fact, be yes or no, depending on information not provided in the OP.

A bit late perhaps? It has long since been clarified that the incident took place on a fairway and others have already pointed out the exceptions to the penalty

salfordlad

Visit site
A bit late perhaps? It has long since been clarified that the incident took place on a fairway and others have already pointed out the exceptions to the penalty
Rulefan made the explicit suggestion that #4 provided the answer to the question. It did not. Neither did Rulefan's response at #3 provide an accurate answer to the question. My post, #19, was the first to provide a complete answer to the OP. Truly sorry, though, that it wasn't sufficiently timely for you. Merry Xmas.