Is this a hole in one?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I believe that you need to get to the hole and pick the ball out of the hole before your opponent finds your first ball.
I genuinely thought you were joking but I've just googled it and apparently you weren't! That's absolutely hilarious. I'm now picturing two old timers playing a match both trying to race down down the hole as fast as their legs will go, one of them to grab the ball, the other to try and find his original one. Even better if they're both in buggies! ?

Springveldt

Visit site
I'm a bit weird, but if this was me I wouldn't consider it a hole in one....even though it technically is...
In my weird head, a bad shot/swing that turns out good is still a crap shot.

The last hole in one I saw was a playing partner who thinned his tee shot....I made a comment about that possibly being one of those lucky "bad" shots....in it went.
Doesn’t matter how bad the strike was, if it goes in it counts.

My 1 and only HIO was on our 4th, a 210 yard par 3. I hit a 4 hybrid right off the heal that never went more than 10 foot off the ground. It landed about 40 yards short of the green and ran all the way up. Both me and my playing partner didn’t even see it go in, we both thought it had ran past the hole, I even checked over the green before finally checking the hole.

Really didn’t care about the quality of the strike.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Reminds me of a story my mate told me.

He was on a society day out when the prizes were being out the longest drive went to someone who was fairly new to golf.
It was only after the prize giving he remarked that it took him 4 attempts to do it.

Swango1980

Visit site
No

If anyone wanted to claim that, they may also be the type to claim a hole in one if they buy 100 balls at the range, and happen to hole one shot (if the range has pins on it to aim at)

Pants

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
As long as the HIO player buys everyone in the clubhouse a drink, I don't really give a what'sit whether they think it counts or not.