Is the BMW Championship (Wentworth) Pro-Am on TV

JonW

Visit site
Hello. Is the BMW Championship (Wentworth) Pro-Am (17th September) on TV anywhere in the UK? There are some great groups that I'd love to see, but can't get to Wentworth because of work commitments.

I've checked Sky TV Guide, but can't see anything there. Will it be online or available any other way?

D

Deleted member 18588

Not scheduled on the Sky programme guide for tomorrow.

Although I must admit I cannot understand why anyone should want to watch a celebrity pro-am.

JonW

Visit site
Haha. I'm sad like that! I just think it'd be interesting to see how good the pros are next to (roughly) average players.

I should've been organised earlier and booked a few days off work. I'll know for next year!

D

Deleted member 18588

Haha. I'm sad like that! I just think it'd be interesting to see how good the pros are next to (roughly) average players.

I should've been organised earlier and booked a few days off work. I'll know for next year!

Not the place to judge.

The ams are often nervous and unlikely to be at their best whilst the pros may not be taking it too seriously. Many focusing more on putting their amateur partners at ease.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Hello. Is the BMW Championship (Wentworth) Pro-Am (17th September) on TV anywhere in the UK? There are some great groups that I'd love to see, but can't get to Wentworth because of work commitments.

I've checked Sky TV Guide, but can't see anything there. Will it be online or available any other way?
I very much doubt it! Certainly hasn't been the 3 times I was (somewhat) involved, though that was a few years ago.

And btw. While some pros simply use it for practice and 'getting acquainted' with the course, those that enter into the spirit of the day demonstrate just how good they can be! I watched Alvaro Quiros hit some phenomenal shots!

Last edited:

JonW

Visit site
It’s a shame it’s not on (even highlights). Still, got a good 4 days of golf watching to look forward to.