Par: 4 | Score: 3
Par: 3 | Score: 4
Par: 4 | Score: 4
Par: 4 | Score: 5
Par: 5 | Score: 7
Par: 3 | Score: 2

To help you break down my score im best with my driver and irons. Terrible with woods/hybrids, getting a lot better with wedges and often clip them and send them flying low, keeping my putting down to 1/2 puts per hole.

Last edited:

walliams8

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Ok I'm done in this thread . I've been playing for about 10 years and managed 3 birdies last night let alone 3 in a 9 hole course after playing 3 weeks

chillicon

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I think we need to know which course this is and get video evidence of the swing etc.

[Still think you talking about playing crazy putting at the seaside btw.]

TommyC

Hacker
Visit site
Heres my scorecard from today:

Par: 5 | Score: 6
Par: 4 | Score: 4
Par: 4 | Score: 5
Par: 5 | Score: 7
Par: 3 | Score: 2

To help you break down my score im best with my driver and irons. Terrible with woods/hybrids, getting a lot better with wedges and often clip them and send them flying low, keeping my putting down to 1/2 puts per hole.

My bad, the pars are wrong, was typing this in the car. 5/4/3/3/4/4/4/3/3 - I played these at Stockley Park. I will get video/slo-mo videos on my next game!

CheltenhamHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Think he means he's just doing the front or back 9.

Nope, can't be that. The front nine starts with a par 4. The back nine does start with a par 5, but it finishes with a par 4 or 5, not a par 3.

Not doubting this, but if these are his scores after just two weeks (how many balls can you feasibly hit!), then he is a massively naturally talented golfer.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Nope, can't be that. The front nine starts with a par 4. The back nine does start with a par 5, but it finishes with a par 4 or 5, not a par 3.

Not doubting this, but if these are his scores after just two weeks (how many balls can you feasibly hit!), then he is a massively naturally talented golfer.

And our man did say he knew the rules well and counted lost balls - not that many lost balls in his scores...

CheltenhamHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
And our man did say he knew the rules well and counted lost balls - not that many lost balls in his scores...

I'd give him the benefit of the doubt, he could have been talking about otehr rounds :)

Would genuinly love to know about the 9 hole though, because it's close enough to me I would love a 9 hole course to go and play. If Stockley has one and I missed it, I'll be up there!

Don't keep me in suspense Tommy.....

TommyC

Hacker
Visit site
I'd give him the benefit of the doubt, he could have been talking about otehr rounds :)

Would genuinly love to know about the 9 hole though, because it's close enough to me I would love a 9 hole course to go and play. If Stockley has one and I missed it, I'll be up there!

Don't keep me in suspense Tommy.....

My heads not with it today! I didnt play Stockley, i was getting all confused with your replies and had to skip back to see what i wrote on my phone, i was talking about Stockley when writing this. I played at Wexham, Slough, that shouldn't be too far from you if you are near Stockley? Im sure you have played the 9 hole there. If you have let me know your thoughts on the 18 hole their im yet to play that. Sorry for the confusion everyone!

walliams8

Assistant Pro
Visit site
No one can shoot 38 round a 9 hole course after 3 weeks .... No lessons no practice .... Even if he could hit the ball you've still gotta know how to chip and putt .... Unless the course is literally a flag in a field

CheltenhamHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My heads not with it today! I didnt play Stockley, i was getting all confused with your replies and had to skip back to see what i wrote on my phone, i was talking about Stockley when writing this. I played at Wexham, Slough, that shouldn't be too far from you if you are near Stockley? Im sure you have played the 9 hole there. If you have let me know your thoughts on the 18 hole their im yet to play that. Sorry for the confusion everyone!

Can't say i've played down there, i'm coming from inside London, so wouldn't go past Stockley unfortunately! Have you played stockley then?

TommyC

Hacker
Visit site
No one can shoot 38 round a 9 hole course after 3 weeks .... No lessons no practice .... Even if he could hit the ball you've still gotta know how to chip and putt .... Unless the course is literally a flag in a field

I am genuinely amazed at how everyone is taking this, it shows that im actually doing very well! Im being 100% honest and this is my score, i've been properly playing for 3 weeks (3/4 times a week). Ive had no lessons and jumped straight into it after going with my friend, decided to purchase my own set of clubs and i'm now hitting 38. Im hopefully going tomorrow, if not tomorrow then Saturday and hope to match that score. Ill let you know my score tomorrow or Saturday!

TommyC

Hacker
Visit site
Can't say i've played down there, i'm coming from inside London, so wouldn't go past Stockley unfortunately! Have you played stockley then?

I have never played Stockley, i only found out about it myself today and was chatting about going their tomorrow or Saturday. What other courses would you recommend around that area?

CheltenhamHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have never played Stockley, i only found out about it myself today and was chatting about going their tomorrow or Saturday. What other courses would you recommend around that area?

I think you should get out in teh back garden and get a video of this swing for us! You have a lot of sceptical people, why don't you enjoy proving them wrong ;)
I normally go south west outside of london, heading to traditions, pyrford or other pay and plays. Plenty around, not always in the best nick. Will be a bit different to Wexham though!

I'll be honest, I happen to think personally you are pulling a lot of peoples legs here, with the course mix up, the multiple birdies and the very very low scores, but as above, I would LOVE to be proved wrong, and would be ridiculously impressed!!!

If this is the truth, then I would love to hear your shots of that awesome round, it will certainly but my opening few rounds to shame!

Craigg

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I congratulate you on your achievement of knocking 40 shots off your score in three weeks..........with the same swing? Please write a book if this is genuine and not a wind up.