Irons

Pull

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Right, for a while i've struggled with taking large deep trench like divots with my irons / wedges...

Now i read about someone on here having a similar problems and someone, i think bobmac suggested it could have been due to swaying rather than rotating causing a very steep entry line.

The last few rounds i've focussed more on rotating and i've managed to put the shovel away and got a better contact less divots and a much better ball strike, however curing one problem has created another.
I now have a rather strong draw / almost hook :D

Now i can only put one solution to this..
I've switched to my uncles Taylormade LT2's which are a regular shaft, my ping g10s are stiff shafts. Would using a regular shaft with a fairly fast swing speed cause this strong draw?

If not... any solutions before i head off to see the pro for a lesson?

Pull

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Would say fairly standard.. I can't say i've ever had a problem with draws/hooks before. natural shape with the driver is a slight fade

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
If your grip is neutral and your swing speed is quite high, go back to your stiff shafts and see how you get on. Are the grips ok for your hand size?

Pull

Assistant Pro
Visit site
You see that's another difference..

my pings are midsize and the tm's are normal..

I prefer the midsize grip which despite been a bit big for my handsize and not recommended for me.. It comes from playing cricket and needing 2 grips on that.

I'll give the pings another go and see how it goes, i've never got on with them which is why i changed so if they're better ill maybe look at swapping irons in the near future

Pull

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Cheers Bobmac..

i'm out for a round tomorrow and will hit the range over the weekend and will see how it goes.