Irons

Midnight

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Morning, afternoon and evening,

I may be in the market for some irons, I play off 23, don't want to spend more than £300.

What have people got that they may want to get rid off? I am going to look at some irons tomorrow, but thought I would ask here as well.

At the moment I'm playing H4H with a driver, 5 and 7 wood, putter and 56* wedge ???

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I'm guessing you're still after GI irons or even SGI...
Ping G and Callaway X are the standard choices and you won't go far wrong with either.
Your 300 quid may get you a set of G25 from ebay, from somewhere like Gofbidder you're looking at G15 or thereabouts.
Callaway XR should be around for that money
The good thing is that they will, literally, last forever - they just don't wear out.
Cleveland CG16 might be a slightly cheaper alternative
Mizuno JPX 825 might be worth a look too.

Midnight

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm guessing you're still after GI irons or even SGI...
Ping G and Callaway X are the standard choices and you won't go far wrong with either.
Your 300 quid may get you a set of G25 from ebay, from somewhere like Gofbidder you're looking at G15 or thereabouts.
Callaway XR should be around for that money
The good thing is that they will, literally, last forever - they just don't wear out.
Cleveland CG16 might be a slightly cheaper alternative
Mizuno JPX 825 might be worth a look too.

You know me to well mate, thanks for the tips ??????

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
I will shortly have a combo set of Mizuno MP18 (5-7 MMC, 8-PW MB) that will be around the £300 mark…

I know above you talked GI clubs but the MBs aren’t that hard to hit tbh, if a chomper like me can use them…

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have some ping e1 irons regular shaft yellow dot 5-PW plus Fresh grips going for £240 + what ever post you want

Midnight

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I will shortly have a combo set of Mizuno MP18 (5-7 MMC, 8-PW MB) that will be around the £300 mark…

I know above you talked GI clubs but the MBs aren’t that hard to hit tbh, if a chomper like me can use them…

Thanks for the offer mate, but I need all the help I can get. My chomping around a course will be worse than yours. ????

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thanks for the offer mate, but looking at reviews, I think these would be to good for me. ????
No worries chap, I have found them let me get a way with utter pants … I dunno how different the g series is because I have not hit them so see if you can try some