Irish Golf

Farneyman

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have tried to find out about this on another post but I am still none the wiser.

In my new club , in the ladies section, they have a competition called Irish Golf. Anyone else here heard of or played this type of golf.

I have checked all search engines but just get golf in Ireland...

As I mentioned before I dont know if I should complain or join in :D

Any fellow Irish men/women on here heard of this.

Cheers.

Nico

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Is it the one who takes most shots wins?

What women do on the course is a mystery to me, they only play half the course,insist on playing even on good drying days and still want courtesy shots??

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
It could be a novelty game that I know is played at some other courses where you play the course backwards. Teeing off from the side of the 18th green and aiming to get the ball to the 18th tee and then from the 18th tee to the 17th green and so on.

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not heard of Irish Golf. Dime golf is interesting for a change, though.

Rules;-

You need a fourball and a bit of paper.

Everyone tees off. The two drives furthest left team up for that hole only.

Every player holes out. Team A's score for that hole is the lower score followed by the higher score e.g. player 1 gets a 3, player 2 gets a 5 - the team score is 35. An NR on the hole counts as a 9.

If team A gets 35 points on the hole and team B gets 56 then each player from team A gets the difference, i.e. 21 points

Do the same again on the next tee. You can end up with a different playing partner on each hole.

The winner is the guy with the most points.

Played it once at Boat of Garten when I was having a mare and my 3 playing partners were deliberately aiming as far away from my tee shot as possible. Made for a fun game...and very tactical.