Irish Golf Websites

janmolby

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I was wondering what Irish golf websites are out there that the forum members go to as this is the only one I know about? Also are they any good?

Another thing is every now & then people on here mention online golf or direct golf or whoever are having a sale & people can get a bargain on it but by the time the delivery charges to Ireland are put on top of the listed price I would be just as well off going to the local golf shop so I was wondering if anyone know of online shops that don't charge an arm & a leg to deliver to the Republic?

cjfitz

Visit site
the gui site is worth checking out if u already don't know about it. Has info on open days, competitions etc.

I've ordered off scottsdale in the past and don't remember the postage being too pricey.

Billser

Club Champion
Visit site
prices still cheaper with the postage janmolby than paying the prices down here, its probably worth a drive to belfast depending on where you live if you're gonna make a big purchase, direct golf has some good deals & the postage not too bad. boards.ie has plenty of stuff on it.

janmolby

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Thanks lads, will have a look at that boards.ie link when I get home as it's blocked at work. The gui website with a list of the open competitions will also be handy.

I've been in Total Golf in Derry & will go back as it's only about 20 minutes away though Belfast would be a bit too far.

PuttyMan

Visit site
You usually find postage to the north is a lot cheaper than to ROI. Most online retailers offer free postage over a certain amount spent, direct golf is £50 for example.

So if you know someone in Derry thats prob your best bet. I'm from Tyrone myself but living in Buncrana. I'd offer to get your stuff delivered there but won't be offended if your not happy with that.

Also jjbgolf.co.uk deliver to Ireland for £10 I'm pretty sure.

janmolby

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Cheers PuttyMan, not actually buying anything right now, was just planning for the future.

There are a few of us on here from the North/North-West of Ireland, maybe we could organize an outing? I know it's the wrong time of year for meeting up but maybe come next March/April we could think about it? If any of you would be interested in that drop me a pm with your name, email address, where you live, which club you're a member of & any suggestions for where to play.

Also add your club to the top post in the Arrange A Game section as Ireland isn't very well represented on there.