Inverness 2014, Royal Dornoch, Castle Stuart and more

thepodgster

Head Pro
Visit site
£70 twilight is decent especially with it being 1pm (most will be in bed most of morning anyway I bet :) ). That means we could get the big 3 that were looked at for £210 if we organise it right.

Most being in bed? How about I throw in some wake and shake clubs in the mornings, will it get be a discounted rate?

Pete - count me in. Do not put me in a fourball with **** chat!!!!!!!

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Right kidders, here is the proposed final dates:-

Friday 23rd May - travel up, play a round most of the way up or around Inverness.
Saturday 24th May - Royal dornoch or castle stuart hopefully
Sunday 25th May - Royal Dornoch or castle stuart hopefully
Monday 26th May - Possibly Nairn
Tuesday 27th May - travel back, play a round on the way back or around Inverness.

The other courses under consideration are Moray, Tain, Boat of garten and Southerness.

Accomodation - we will have some options once we have a good idea of numbers, but it may still be left up to individuals to sort out there own, or different options may be posted up. Podgster is also working on one good/cheap option, also.

THIS IS NOT JUST FOR NORTH WESTERNERS/SCOTTISH - THIS IS OPEN TO ANYONE ON THE FORUM, SO LETS SEE A FEW NEW FACES.

For people who want to fly, there may be some kind people who will transport you to the courses, but I'm not promising as yet.

This is mainly planned around 4 nights away (5 days golf), but if some can only make it for 3 nights, the premium courses will hopefully be played over the weekend.

So, let's be having you.........

LB and Birchy.

D

Deleted member 1740

Has there been any movement on this?

I can only do sat/sun/mon and ill be looking to book the flights soon

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Has there been any movement on this?

I can only do sat/sun/mon and ill be looking to book the flights soon

We've since had a bit of movement from Nairn.

I wanted to let the H4Heroes get out of the way, and then thought we would post up again. Maybe in the next day or so.

D

Deleted member 1740

We've since had a bit of movement from Nairn.

I wanted to let the H4Heroes get out of the way, and then thought we would post up again. Maybe in the next day or so.

Sound the flights are up and I want to get them booked ASAP.

D

Deleted member 1740

Thought you were gonna ring me - do you fancy being a winter league captain?

Sorry mate been sidetracked not had chance, I'm struggling to play in all of them so ill have to pass on it.

bernix

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
i am very interested to join but need to know the exact dates because i have to arrange flights
would be very helpful if someone could give me a lift from inverness airport :whoo:

D

Deleted Member 1156

Most of the courses in the area have open weeks where you can save a lot on green fees by entering some of their competitions. Check out the websites for Golspie, Tain and Brora as they are all very close to Dornoch. For Dornoch itself, probably worth getting the combo ticket for the Struie course as apart from 3rd/4th/16th/17th there are some really good holes on it. There are also a couple of 'golf hotels' locally in Dornoch that may or may not be able to get reduced rates for golf, not sure but just a thought.

Sounds like a good trip but be aware it is a LONG way north, you are looking at 4+ hours from Glasgow as the roads get narrower and slower.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
i am very interested to join but need to know the exact dates because i have to arrange flights
would be very helpful if someone could give me a lift from inverness airport :whoo:

Would be good to see you. I'm sure someone would oblige, although dont make arrangements just yet.

A new post will be done in the next few days/weekend latest. Even then we will only go ahead if we get 8-10 firmly committing with deposits.

bernix

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Would be good to see you. I'm sure someone would oblige, although dont make arrangements just yet.

A new post will be done in the next few days/weekend latest. Even then we will only go ahead if we get 8-10 firmly committing with deposits.

I just searched for flights. Only convenient flight would arrive at Inverness at 16:40, return at 12:25 via Amsterdam. Most probably have to arrive one day ahead.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I just searched for flights. Only convenient flight would arrive at Inverness at 16:40, return at 12:25 via Amsterdam. Most probably have to arrive one day ahead.
If it's any cheaper, you could look into flights into Liverpool or Manchester. I am sure that there would be more (and cheaper) options and I'm sure one of the north west guys would get you from the airport. I live only 10 minutes drive away from Liverpool airport, so no problem for me. There is a 7+ hour car journey from the Liverpool/Manchester area though, so may be a down side for you. You would have a chance to play the courses on the way up/back though. Lets get the date sorted, commitment from forummers, then you can check options out.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If it's any cheaper, you could look into flights into Liverpool or Manchester. I am sure that there would be more (and cheaper) options and I'm sure one of the north west guys would get you from the airport. I live only 10 minutes drive away from Liverpool airport, so no problem for me. There is a 7+ hour car journey from the Liverpool/Manchester area though, so may be a down side for you. You would have a chance to play the courses on the way up/back though. Lets get the date sorted, commitment from forummers, then you can check options out.
May be able to offer a transfer from Leeds/Bradford... But a lot to sort yet before I can confirm.
Dates sound good to me, but do we have an idea of golf costs??..... caravan stay sounds a good option also.
PS.. Quick 2nd thoughts indicate we could be onto a winner here B.... Shared travel, accommodation & extra golf going up and back is sounding a working option.... hang in there. Dave

Last edited: