...introducing myself

Visit site
Hi all
Thought I would introduce myself as I've been viewing for a few weeks and enjoy this Forum
Been an occasional golfer (1 weekend a year) for the past 15 years and that is at Machrihanish so not so forgiving

Though Scottish I've lived abroad for the past 10 years - first in France and now in Italy...where...
I've joined the local 9-hole club - initially over the summer but plan to join fully in the autumn and then get a handicap etc
Last handicap (35 years ago) was ~19 at 16 yoa @ williamalex1's club in Lanarkshire

The local club seems friendly - there was no trouble in initially letting me play (not always so easy without a HC certificate in Italy) and didn't even check my swing on the range beforehand!!
Its short but most of the par 3's are 170 yards+ -- some slyly bunkered ± water

Hopefully i can ask advice on this and that and keep you informed of my attempts to become an officially registered golfer here in Italy

I reckon if I get to 10 then i get a Brexit exemption :)

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Welcome mate, anytime you're back home give me a shout for a game at your old course. Get stuck in here, there's lots of good advice to be had, and mostly nice people.:thup:

Visit site
Welcome mate, anytime you're back home give me a shout for a game at your old course. Get stuck in here, there's lots of good advice to be had, and mostly nice people.:thup:

Thanks - we moved my dad to Edinburgh a few years ago - so though i'm in Edinburgh every 10 weeks or so to visit him - I'm rarely in the 'shire ...but may plan a trip :eek:) - Its a great club IMO with some great holes (loved the 6th when I was a lad!)
Apparently my dad's still an honorary member at 93 yoa

D

Deleted member 23270

Welcome. I think you should start by challenging Homer to be the first to get to single figures. He should be up for that as he loves the banter :D