Intermediate player looking to upgrade clubs

Tom_Mac

Visit site
Hi all,

Over the past few months I have re-discovered my love of the game. I had a few lessons when I was younger and used to play quite a bit - but never seriously. I have a good swing and a decent grip on the game.

I'm still playing with the same set of clubs my old man bought me when I was 13 - a starter set from sports direct! I'm now looking to buy a new set of reasonably priced clubs.

I've done some research and it sounds like my best bet is either going down to a pro and getting some advice on what clubs to buy or going down the ebay route and getting some decent second hand clubs.

The trouble with this is I don't really know what I'm looking for. I'd really appreciate some advice on how/where to look. I'm thinking of going down to American golf aswell.

FYI my price range is around £150 - £250. It also seems like buying a full set of 'package' clubs is a bad idea?

Thanks in advance.

Tom

Roland

Assistant Pro
www.canal-view.co.uk
If it were me I would head for the Ping website and measure myself up using their online fitting. Once you've got the spec you need find some on eBay or golfbidder and be pretty confident you've got the right clubs. The benefit of buying Ping is if you don't get on with them you will easily sell them on for a similar price.

Huwey12

Assistant Pro
Visit site
If it were me I would head for the Ping website and measure myself up using their online fitting. Once you've got the spec you need find some on eBay or golfbidder and be pretty confident you've got the right clubs. The benefit of buying Ping is if you don't get on with them you will easily sell them on for a similar price.

I'll second that, i love my Ping G15's, straight and forgiving

Tom_Mac

Visit site
Thanks for all the advice! I ended up buying a set of second hand Ping G10 XG 2011 irons (4-SW) from Golfbidder for £179.99. Really looking forward to getting down the range and trying them out when they arrive on Monday.

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thanks for all the advice! I ended up buying a set of second hand Ping G10 XG 2011 irons (4-SW) from Golfbidder for £179.99. Really looking forward to getting down the range and trying them out when they arrive on Monday.

Hard to beat G10s, solid clubs.

I've yet to see a beginner bag G10s and regret it.