Interesting Stats from Scottish Golf

D

Deleted member 16999

Phil's wrong.
You're wrong about my handicap
I noticed I said balls and edited it back out.

All that aside, you still made a few assumptions, in regards what Phil said, nae idea what or who he's on about but if he or indeed you are mixing me up with A.N. Other opinionated current or former member from here, then it's purely coincidental.

What’s your handicap? Were do you play?

D

Deleted member 16999

When I stopped I played off of 5, handed 3 cards in September/early October got 8, Downfield, happy now :ears: or should I get our match sec. to email you my certificate :blah:
There you go, wasn’t dificult was it :thup:
Not bad after a 15yr gap.

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
There you go, wasn’t dificult was it :thup:

No sure what the big deal is, I haven't been asked til you did :whistle:

Anyway, we've gone way off topic, I am genuinely surprised by the figures, 7% cat 1 really surprises me as I think I know more cat 1s than cat 3 players, in fact I know I do, I hardly know any cat 3 players.

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Probably because they know you’re a handicap snob :whoo:

Believe it or not, 2 of my four are actually cat 3s :rolleyes: and I'm not a handicap snob, all I said was I wouldn't play the game if I was a cat 3 but that's just me. My bro gave the game up cause he could no longer play to single figure, it's not for everyone.

Simbo

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Doesn't the 7% figure drop even lower if you include the whole of GB?
113 is some going though, considering it's only really over 7 months at best. Iv got 2 a week at most at my place, some weeks only 1. Is he a CAT 1 golfer as most 36 hole comps up here are only really scratch tourneys are they not?
Don't really think the 9 hole ones should be included in his tally though.

D

Deleted member 16999

Believe it or not, 2 of my four are actually cat 3s :rolleyes: and I'm not a handicap snob, all I said was I wouldn't play the game if I was a cat 3 but that's just me. My bro gave the game up cause he could no longer play to single figure, it's not for everyone.
It was joke ffs!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
If certain people wouldn't play if they were a Cat 3 player, it sums up everything that is wrong in our game. If I was there (and I'm not a million miles off it) I'd simply be playing as many comps as I could and working as hard as I could to get better. The last thing I'd need is some know it all degrading me as I didn't meet his own lofty aspirations. In fact I'd be loving the chance to get drawn in a match play event and ram those words down his throat. We have loads of Cat 3 and Cat 4 players in our weekend roll ups and in drawn competition groups and as long as we have a decent round and enjoy it I don't care if they are scratch or 28

D

Deleted member 15344

So if you played of 13 then you would give up the game !

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
If certain people wouldn't play if they were a Cat 3 player, it sums up everything that is wrong in our game. If I was there (and I'm not a million miles off it) I'd simply be playing as many comps as I could and working as hard as I could to get better. The last thing I'd need is some know it all degrading me as I didn't meet his own lofty aspirations. In fact I'd be loving the chance to get drawn in a match play event and ram those words down his throat. We have loads of Cat 3 and Cat 4 players in our weekend roll ups and in drawn competition groups and as long as we have a decent round and enjoy it I don't care if they are scratch or 28

Dry your eyes precious, I've already said I actually play every weekend with 2 of our 4 who are cat3s, I just wouldn't play if it were me, get over it.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Dry your eyes precious, I've already said I actually play every weekend with 2 of our 4 who are cat3s, I just wouldn't play if it were me, get over it.

You sound a real arrogant sod. Can you not take another 15 year sabbatical. How pretentious are you? Wouldn't play off 13. Dear me. You must be suicidal if you shoot 76 or higher. Do you have Samaritans on speed dial in case you shoot 80

D

Deleted member 16999

Cat 3 is 13-20, that’s you isn’t it Homer?

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
You sound a real arrogant sod. Can you not take another 15 year sabbatical. How pretentious are you? Wouldn't play off 13. Dear me. You must be suicidal if you shoot 76 or higher. Do you have Samaritans on speed dial in case you shoot 80

Pretentious :rofl: I know that's probably how it comes across but I'm anything but that :clap: I'm sure there are hundreds probably thousands around who'd probably chuck it if they could no longer play off a cat1, does that make them pretentious ??

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We recently reset the Divisions at our course to even out the numbers in each division to roughly 40 players in each for a Saturday medal.
Divisions came out as 1-10, 11-15, 16 and above.

Shows where the most players handicaps are. It is a little skewed because there are relatively few roughly 24+ handicappers who play Saturday medals whereas in the seniors the balance tends to be towards the higher end of the handicaps (Divisions 1-15, 16 -20, 21 and over)

D

Deleted member 15344

Pretentious :rofl: I know that's probably how it comes across but I'm anything but that :clap: I'm sure there are hundreds probably thousands around who'd probably chuck it if they could no longer play off a cat1, does that make them pretentious ??

I actually dont think there are tbh - i havent met anyone in that situation.

Certainly never met anyone who would give up just because they played off 13