Inter-services Match

Robobum

Money List Winner
Visit site
Can these be classed as tactical retreats?? :D

I'm in Rick, Friday is ideal for me, then I'm off to the Cornwall links festival on the Monday.

jammydodger

Tour Winner
Visit site
Friday 16th is good for me , although I can be flexible if needs be..

Blue tees would probs be too far for a 'friendly' day. Would prefer to play whites but tha yellows arent that much different if thats what everyone else fancies

Sorry didnt see the other thread

rickg

Money List Winner
Visit site
Managed to knock another £5 off today so that's another £160 to the charity (£800 now just from the green fees assuming we have 32 players). Still working to get the price even lower.

Also it's looking like it's going to be Friday 16th judging by the current voting so I've provisionally booked tee times starting at 11:03 going off the 1st & 10th. This should allow time for people who are travelling to the venue, and by going off both tees, the last group will be in only 1/2 hr after the first group. So far we've lost 3 players and gained 1.

rickg

Money List Winner
Visit site
I hate to say it but I'm a bit knackered with those dates too.
I only get a day off every other week at work and I'm already pushing it with the Addington meet on March 30th and Walton Heath on 7th April. Certainly wouldn't be able to get a day off three weeks in succession.
Bit of a bummer because the course and price look fantastic...
That's a shame Smiffy....you would have enjoyed it. Played against Doc17 off the whites....par 3 13th was a mere 261 yds!!

rickg

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've now registered the event with the Help for Heroes charity and I've set up the JustGiving fundraising page:

http://www.justgiving.com/GM-Forum-Inter-Services-Golf-match

Please take a look at the page and feel free to make a contribution.
Any Facebook users please add the link to your Facebook accounts to spread the word.
For the geeks out there, there's also a Facebook app which will add the justgiving page to your Facebook profile:

http://apps.facebook.com/justgiving/

just copy & paste GM-Forum-Inter-Services-Golf-match into the app and select add page.

If you don't have facebook or any other social networking accounts, just email the link out to friends and family to support this great cause.

We have now officially started our quest!!!!

rickg

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've now registered the event with the Help for Heroes charity and I've set up the JustGiving fundraising page:

Please take a look at the page and feel free to make a contribution.
Any Facebook users please add the link to your Facebook accounts to spread the word.
For the geeks out there, there's also a Facebook app which will add the justgiving page to your Facebook profile:

http://apps.facebook.com/justgiving/

just copy & paste GM-Forum-Inter-Services-Golf-match into the app and select add page.

If you don't have facebook or any other social networking accounts, just email the link out to friends and family to support this great cause.

We have now officially started our quest!!!!

I'm so excited!!!! We have just received our first donation through the JustGiving web page....thank you Mr Steve Clifford :D

jammydodger

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just want to say a big thankyou Rick. These things need someone to get stuck in and you've done a grand job organising it.

A big virtual hand shake and pat on the back.

Looking forward to the day and meeting everyone

rickg

Money List Winner
Visit site
OK here's how it's going to work to collect the golf fees so as little money as possible exchanges hands.

The £45 fee for the day is comprised of;
£10 golf (Paid direct to Luton Hoo)

£10 food (Paid direct to Luton Hoo)
(still working on getting this reduced so we can donate more to the H4H)

£25 donation to the H4H charity JustGiving page (link below)

Everyone playing now needs to make the £25 contribution on the H4H page, (I've started the ball rolling and donated mine today!!).

I'll need to know your real names (so I can cross you off the "outstanding debtors list!!! :eek:" as and when you pay on the JustGiving site.
You can either PM me names or put them up here if you don't mind people knowing your real names.

I'll then keep updating the current list on here (just with forum names) with who has paid.

We'll pay the outstanding £20 per head direct to Luton Hoo, later (or to the JustGiving site if Luton Hoo waive this).

For people not playing but who would still like to donate to the cause, then just go to the link below and enter the amount you would like to donate.

As mentioned previously, please post the link wherever you think it will get maximum exposure, (eg, Facebook, Twitter, emails, etc) and encourage you friends and family to circulate the link as well.
I sent an email to my golf club asking if they would put the link in the next club Newsletter and on the club website.

I'll be contacting local papers, golfing publications etc in due course.
Any questions, give me a shout.

rickg

Money List Winner
Visit site
Forgot to add....please send me your current handicaps as well. (No need to do so if this comes up in your signatures when you post)

rickg

Money List Winner
Visit site
Here's an updated list including handicaps where I know them. Thanks to those that have paid their £25 on the JustGiving site. For those still to pay, please try and donate your £25 as soon as you can.

We could do with some extra Navy guys as we've had a couple drop out due to date clashes.

If anyone else would like to play please let me know...there are still spaces available.

RAF
bobmac
rickg 9 PAID
Robobum 4
richart
evita4
piggles
Timberbonce

ARMY
jammydodger 5 PAID
midnight 24
jay (Barbs hubby)
golfmmad 24
MarkHK
matt01
Fergus Scobie (Matt01's mate)
Mick Barrett

NAVY
grumpyjock
Viscount17 21 PAID

PUBLIC SECTOR
Homer (Health service) 11
AuburnWarrior (CCF) 10
Doc17 (Fire) 8 PAID
TonyN (Police)
GB72 (Public Sector)
Redwood (Sea Cadets) 24
Samwhitby (Paramedic) (SamZeMuel)

FORUM/STAFF
teegirl
barb 31
tincup
vig
GM Staff (awaiting confirmation)
GM Staff (awaiting confirmation)

Date: Fri 16th April
Venue: Luton Hoo
Charity: Help for Heroes
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/
JustGiving page

Don't forget you can still make a donation even if you are not playing to show your support....any amount welcome no matter how small.

Cheers
Rick

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Rickg, can you take me off the list please as I'm not able to make it. Understand the need for making it a central venue for all, but for me it's a tad too far. It would mean staying overnight the day before, rather than risking traffic delays on the M25 and M1, which would make it too expensive.

Hope you all have a great day and raise loads of money.

Golfmmad.

rickg

Money List Winner
Visit site
All for genuine reasons, we have now had 8 drop out and numbers are now down to 28 (assuming we get 2 GM staff who are still to confirm).
Most likely there will be others dropping out as inevitably happens with all golf days and can't be helped.
In addition, only 4 people so far have paid their deposit on the giving site.

I'm aware that a £25 deposit is a lot to pay out up front when the match is still 2 months away, so I'd be happy for people to make a £5 deposit and then top it up with the other £20 during March.

We need to address the shortfall in players and I'm more than happy to open it up to forum members who don't have any Military ties.

If this still doesn't get the numbers up, then I'll be opening up the invite to people outside of the forum to ensure we fill the tee slots and rasie a respectable sum for the cause.
Please PM me with your full name when you have paid your deposit so I can update my spreadsheet.

Don't forget to get word out about the link and please encourage friends and family to donate.

Cheers
Rick