Inter-services Match

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Yes. Graham Cowley, used to be the pro at Bruggen.
The only thing is I didn't realise how far south Aldershot is.
I thought you were looking for somewhere more central?

rickg

Money List Winner
Visit site
GB72 you're in....welcome.

Bob, distance for people to travel will definitely be a factor, but I suppose it depends on what sort of deal we can broker with the various clubs that we look at.

My thoughts are that we would all pay the appropriate green fee for the golf and that the golf club would donate all (ideally) or some of the green fees to the Help for Heroes fund. This is going to generate some of the fundraising (together with the "justgiving" web page, auction, raffle, etc)
Obviously if we get a club that is prepared to donate more of the green fee than another, then we would need to take that into account and might have to compromise on the location.
I suppose at this point we need to keep all our options open. The more we look at the better position we will be in to make a decision.
Thoughts?

rickg

Money List Winner
Visit site
Current list below.

I'm hoping to firm up a venue and date by the end of next week, (the sooner I can do this, the sooner we can register the event on the Help for Heroes web page and set up a "justgiving" webpage for donations.

What would help me was if I knew where everyone who has expressed an interest so far was located. This will help with deciding on the final venue, although I must admit at first glances, the Army GC at Aldershot is sounding good. Not least becuase of it's close connection to the military and Bob knowing the pro there.
However, I realise that whatever venue we choose isn't going to be ideal for everyone and there's going to have to be some compromises between getting a good deal and how far people are prepared to travel.
I'd be grateful if the existing people involved could advise me of their location, (Town or county is fine), either in this thread or via PM and I'll collate the data.
Thanks

RAF
bobmac
rickg
Robobum
richart
evita4

ARMY
jammydodger
Smiffy
midnight
jay (Barbs hubby)
golfmmad
MarkHK

NAVY
Wildrover
colint
grumpyjock
Viscount17

Police, Fire, Coastguard, Cubs, Girl Guides, cadets....
Homer (Health service)
AuburnWarrior (CCF)
Deanelliott999 (Fire)
TonyN (Police)
GB72 (Public Sector)
Redwood (Sea Cadets)

Forum Posters
teegirl
barb
bigfoot

Forum Staff

Date: TBD

Venue: TBD (suggestions/possible venues):
The Army GC Aldershot
Cirencester GC
Woodhall Spa GC
Blackmoor
Charity: Help for Heroes
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Robobum

Money List Winner
Visit site
In in Swindon Wiltshire, Cirencester Gc is in Gloucestershire.

Don't care where it is, as long as I can do the date I'll be there, very worthwhile cause.

rickg

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'd be grateful if the existing people involved could advise me of their location, (Town or county is fine), either in this thread or via PM and I'll collate the data.
Thanks
If your location is listed in your AVATAR, then no need to send it again, I'll get it from there.

jedsta20

Club Champion
Visit site
7 years Army service. I'd love to get involved but it may depend on the location. My other half may need the car for work. It'll be good to beat the Navy again like we did at football an rugby.

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site
Also a servant of the crown, can't tell you more.

Filled in an application for marines when I was 17.

Love boats

or happy to participate as a forum member.... You choose