Intelligent golf.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Just out of interest, what time does yours go live in a sense that you can book a tee time. Ours is 06.30. Now through the summer months, it’s never been a problem. Get up at normal time and book. Now everyone seems to be booking around the tee times on comp days we have had for the last X years. I know the old saying early bird etc, but setting the clock to get up at 6.30 to book a tee time this morning when I had A 4 year old at the side of me coz she fell outta bed. Let’s just say this was not the best Monday morning.
That aside when would be the best time.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just out of interest, what time does yours go live in a sense that you can book a tee time. Ours is 06.30. Now through the summer months, it’s never been a problem. Get up at normal time and book. Now everyone seems to be booking around the tee times on comp days we have had for the last X years. I know the old saying early bird etc, but setting the clock to get up at 6.30 to book a tee time this morning when I had A 4 year old at the side of me coz she fell outta bed. Let’s just say this was not the best Monday morning.
That aside when would be the best time.

In the interests of fairness, I would have tee times released about 7.30 in the evening. Anything before that and it is a real hindrance to those working full time (OK that does not help some shift workers but I had to draw a line somewhere). At previous clubs all of the prime tee times were taken up by the retired members of the club who could have someone sat at a computer the second the times became available.

Tashyboy

Visit site
In the interests of fairness, I would have tee times released about 7.30 in the evening. Anything before that and it is a real hindrance to those working full time (OK that does not help some shift workers but I had to draw a line somewhere). At previous clubs all of the prime tee times were taken up by the retired members of the club who could have someone sat at a computer the second the times became available.

GB, I was gonna post a rant a few weeks back but the club sec sorted us out. Long story. But last night, both grandkids fell outta bed With a bang, youngest ended up in bed with us. Alarm went at 6.30 to book golf then back in bed TIL 7.00am. And am thinking this is rammel

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
We can book 7 days in advance from 7pm.
Some competitions (mainly honour board) have off-line booking (list goes up 14 days in advance). Online times are blocked for that day and start times are drawn a few days before.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thankfully we are not rammed so there is no need to get up stupidly early. We can book 7 days in advance and I booked for 8.36am next Saturday at around 9am Saturday just gone. I'm not sure when it actually goes live, sorry Tashy, but there are always names booked before I get on so it must be early doors on the computer. It would be a pain to be at a club where you have to get up at silly o clock on a saturday to book for the following week.

When would be fair? I would say 8am is a fair release time.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
We dont book for non comp days as it's just pitch up and play - checking the club diary in advance is sensible though. Our Sunday comps are booked in the pro shop by writing on the sheet against the tee off time you want 14 days in advance, or phoning the pro shop

IanG

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Our is IG-based too and tee sheets open at 7.30am 7 days in advance. In these days of laptops and mobile phones, it can all be done while still under the duvet

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We can book 8 days in advance at 8.00pm. It was seen as a sensible for time for the vast majority of members as it makes it fair for nearly everybody.

The time was chosen because it is after all facilities at the club are closed to stop people from phoning up asking someone there to do it for them.

At peak times (e.g booking for Saturday mornings) all slots are booked by 8.01

D

Deleted member 21258

Depends on the club, one opens on Friday midday for the weekend(pain to remember to do). Another is 3 days prior to the day, evening time iirc.

So I assume depends how the clubs sets up IG.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We can book 8 days in advance at 8.00pm. It was seen as a sensible for time for the vast majority of members as it makes it fair for nearly everybody.

The time was chosen because it is after all facilities at the club are closed to stop people from phoning up asking someone there to do it for them.

At peak times (e.g booking for Saturday mornings) all slots are booked by 8.01
Thats worse than trying to get a time at my doctors..:eek:

D

Deleted member 17920

What’s this got to do with Intelligent golf.

It’s down to your own club to set the tee times.

It’s just in tees and booking settings in the admin section.

We set ours for 19.00 on a Friday. It seems to work for most people.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
We book tee times for comps only.

You can do it from 12noon in person on the screen in reception or in the pro shop on the Friday a week before the Saturday comp, or you can book online when it goes live at 3pm 3hrs later.

Tashyboy

Visit site
What’s this got to do with Intelligent golf.

It’s down to your own club to set the tee times.

It’s just in tees and booking settings in the admin section.

We set ours for 19.00 on a Friday. It seems to work for most people.

I dont know the system at all and thought it was a universal time and booking. ie 4 weeks in advance. I now know it's not. I also know that 6.30 am to book a slot is not the best time in the world. I may be having a little natter.
Re ours it opens at 6.30 am to be able to book 4 weeks in advance but 19.00 on a friday. What's that for LQ. The following week?

D

Deleted member 17920

I dont know the system at all and thought it was a universal time and booking. ie 4 weeks in advance. I now know it's not. I also know that 6.30 am to book a slot is not the best time in the world. I may be having a little natter.
Re ours it opens at 6.30 am to be able to book 4 weeks in advance but 19.00 on a friday. What's that for LQ. The following week?
Your club will set what they want. It takes time to get the right balance.

We open it at 19.00 Friday night for 2 weekends time.

Hopefully we are going to a week booking. We get far too many people booking then cancelling. Most people know what they are doing the following weekend.

Tashyboy

Visit site
Your club will set what they want. It takes time to get the right balance.

We open it at 19.00 Friday night for 2 weekends time.

Hopefully we are going to a week booking. We get far too many people booking then cancelling. Most people know what they are doing the following weekend.

A few weeks ago I was bogged off having tee times at 11.00 to 11.30 when all year we have been teeing off at 10.00 Ish. It fits in with dropping grandkids off at school or picking them up at 15,15. Having a couple of 5 hr rounds tipped me over the edge. The clubs answer was to block the 10.00 am spot to create a bit of space on the course? Don’t set me off.
Anyway I spoke to the club sec who booked us into the blocked 10.00 am slots. But it just felt odd/ not right setting the clock for 6.30 to book tee times. I was on about this on Tuesday in the 19th and one of the guys said turn up at 10.00 anyway as there is some tee times players that do not turn up every week.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
We dont book for non comp days as it's just pitch up and play - checking the club diary in advance is sensible though. Our Sunday comps are booked in the pro shop by writing on the sheet against the tee off time you want 14 days in advance, or phoning the pro shop
This.

We have roll up groups that go out at set times and these are documented on the website. Just turn up and go out. With club comps you can enter via HowdidIdo into three different sections (early times, usually 7.30-9.00 mid times from 9.00-10.30 and late from 10.30-12.00). After that you can enter in the pro shop on a roll up basis. The online booking slots are usually published at least a month in advance