Instructional YouTube videos

Grogger

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Just wondered if people found videos on YouTube useful and if so who's videos you recommend?

Mark Crossfield seems to have the most common videos but does this mean he has the best advice?? I watch all sorts of instructors on here just through enjoyment of the sport but wondered which the best ones for a golfer who often struggles to break 100 are worth taking notice of?

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Just wondered if people found videos on YouTube useful and if so who's videos you recommend?

Mark Crossfield seems to have the most common videos but does this mean he has the best advice?? I watch all sorts of instructors on here just through enjoyment of the sport but wondered which the best ones for a golfer who often struggles to break 100 are worth taking notice of?

Peter Styles at Free online golf does some really good, basic but well explained videos that I think would be perfect for beginners and improvers. He has done a series of utube videos showing each element of the swing and they are uncomplicated and well explained. Have a look and see what you think

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I like golfloopy.com

Breaks down the swing into it's component parts and gives drills to practice.

However, I'm not a massive fan of the "band aid" approach generally. I find it difficult to be sure that I'm making the mistake that the online tip videos are trying to fix. That's why I prefer to have a lesson or two and then supplement my understanding of the point my coach is making by watching drills from other coaches online.

But to stay on topic and answer your question - mark crossfield is good, shawn clement is popular (he definitely explains things in simple terms and very much in a feel v real kind of way) and my personal favourite, golfloopy, although that's really a swing methodology kind of thing rather than tips videos.

London mike 61

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I have found Rickard Strongert has some really great videos on videojug.com , he explains what to do but more importantly he explains what can go wrong and why.

I find the way he shows how to swing the club just so easy to understand, worth a look.

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have found Rickard Strongert has some really great videos on videojug.com , he explains what to do but more importantly he explains what can go wrong and why.

I find the way he shows how to swing the club just so easy to understand, worth a look.

The trouble is that each time I watch his videos I'm tempted to book an Easyjet flight to go and play a few courses in his locality.

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
You and me both, I've never been on a golf jolly yet and would love to go somewhere like that.

Played Los Naranjos four or five times and it can be a bit hit and miss. Almost next door is Las Brisas but never managed to get a game there. LB was the course that Mike Reid passed away on. Costa del Sol is still my favourite golf destination in Europe.

paddyc

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I like Mark Crossfield and also for a one plane swing have a look at the American Jeff Ritter's videos on you tube, also very good IMO.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Not a fan of self tuition and find it hard to interpret what is being shown. Feel and real not always the same and hard to sometimes see in 2D what they are trying to do. If others have found it useful then why not. Anything that helps anyone get lower or get more enjoyment is a good thing but not for me

Westy3469

Medal Winner
Visit site
I quite like the "me and My Golf" posts on Youtube. Mark Crossfiled is also pretty good although neither is a substitute for a one to one lesson with a good pro

I find the best thing is to work on one thing at a time, otherwise there will be far too much going on in your head when you swing the club.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I believe initial stuff should be with a REAL coach.

If that concentrate on the fundamentals and what the goals are, then it's possible to use t'internet to concentrate on the areas your specific swing needs. A lot of 'what's best' depends on 'natural ability' or co-ordination imo. I believe I'm a pretty good observer, so can self diagnose fairly well - though, having seen my swing on video, would confirm that feel does not equal real!

Still worth the occasional trip to a Pro, or note comments by PPs you play with often.

lex!

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
The one I like watching most is Shawn Clement. But I agree with a previous comment about instructional videos, you've got to be wary that they might be fixing a fault you haven't got, so I am trying to watch less of them and just stick to what I have been told in lessons. Somebody made the suggestion at the weekend to tear out the instruction pages from golf mags and read the rest of the content, the tips tell you to do something different from week to week. However, I am really trying hard to improve so I can't stay away.

Sybez

Challenge Tour Pro
www.digitalberry.co.uk
Dave Marsh - igolftv

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDDApIWPTldZJmF6ooSGtXVbRUkqdi5DH

This is pretty advanced stuff, but what better way to build a solid golf swing. Loads more video in his back catalogue too on all aspects of the game, including mental side which you rarely see!

I've tweaked my swing around the above series over the winter and so far so good. Just need to get the putter warmed up!

lex!

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Dave Marsh - igolftv

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDDApIWPTldZJmF6ooSGtXVbRUkqdi5DH

This is pretty advanced stuff, but what better way to build a solid golf swing. Loads more video in his back catalogue too on all aspects of the game, including mental side which you rarely see!

I've tweaked my swing around the above series over the winter and so far so good. Just need to get the putter warmed up!

Watched some of these last night after your post and agree that they are very good. Very relevant to me with trying to make a body swing and not relying on the luck of wrist timing.