Inconsistent golf video help

roccokj

Head Pro
Visit site
First the basics, i think the major problem may be that your posture is too slumped. Try to straighten your back out and make sure your arms are hanging down below your shoulders.
Once you have sorted that out i think that you could do with having more width on your backswing.
By the way, where are you hitting the golf balls??? Seems like you are hitting them off your house! :D

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
You are collapsing your wrists, scooping at the ball through the shot and letting your club go past your hands.

Apart from that it looks like you have the makings of an excellent swing.

steadyon

Hacker
Visit site
Thank's for your help, that's kind of what I thought.

Now the tricky question. What's the cure? Are there any drills to help?

I have thought about one of those impact bag things, but I've no idea what to with one.

I had 3 lessons earlier in the year which have really helped overall. the last one was about just what you've said the pro said concentrate on ball turf contact by putting a tee in the ground and making sure divot is after tee peg. It's not coming easily!! Are there any other drills that could help this.

Mattie

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hi

Firstly keep making videos they help alot.
You definitely need to sort out your wrist break first of all, look at the video and you can see from the front view that you are not moving the club away with your shoulders and a rotation but you are flipping it with your hands and bending your wrists.

Look up clemshaw on youtube and watch all his videos on take away etc :)

Mattie

steadyon

Hacker
Visit site
Hi,

I quite like some of that clemshaw stuff. But before I go hook, line and sinker on a mega swing rebuild what do others think.

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Thank's for your help, that's kind of what I thought.

Now the tricky question. What's the cure? Are there any drills to help?

I have thought about one of those impact bag things, but I've no idea what to with one.

I had 3 lessons earlier in the year which have really helped overall. the last one was about just what you've said the pro said concentrate on ball turf contact by putting a tee in the ground and making sure divot is after tee peg. It's not coming easily!! Are there any other drills that could help this.

Hi again.

Here's a couple of impact bag vids...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSK7M8iCaH0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2VKacwXr_w

Imagine this if you can..... imagine standing at the bottom of a flight of stairs and swinging your club, you need to try and BREAK the shaft of the club on the edge of the bottom stair without the clubhead touching the stair first... make sense?

Lead the swing with the hands ahead of the clubhead. By the time you make impact your hands should be approx in front of your LEFT THIGH, whilst the clubhead will be lagging behind somewhere near the middle of your stance.

Hope that helps.