Incomplete round wrt WHS

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
Today I started playing in a qualifying comp, but after 10 holes the heavens opened and the course became unplayable, so everyone walked in.
I asked the pro what to do with my card and he said put in the scores you have and then declare the remainder as "not played".
Having done that, my record on EG shows the round, but something confuses me.
It has given me a score on every unplayed hole equivalent to 2 stableford points (which I sort of expected), EXCEPT hole 11, where it has given me a score equivalent to 1 stableford point.
(Hole 11 is the first hole I did not play).
Can anyone explain what's going on?

doublebogey7

Head Pro
Visit site
Your software has worked as it should. Provided 10 holes have been played the rules of WHS say that you should be awarded a net par for for all holes not played except the first where you should be awarded a net bogey.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
That's exactly what's supposed to happen...as long as you've played 10 holes
It assumes you get nett par on the remaining holes except 1 and gives you a nett bogey for it..
The way I'm playing it's quite a generous "gift".....need to try this myself:LOL:

D

Deleted member 3432

That's exactly what's supposed to happen...as long as you've played 10 holes
It assumes you get nett par on the remaining holes except 1 and gives you a nett bogey for it..
The way I'm playing it's quite a generous "gift".....need to try this myself:LOL:

What about the obligatory 2 blobs you are supposed to have playing stableford? :eek::ROFLMAO:

D

Deleted member 3432

Your software has worked as it should. Provided 10 holes have been played the rules of WHS say that you should be awarded a net par for for all holes not played except the first where you should be awarded a net bogey.

Problem with this 'made up' score is its only one step away from allowing mulligans as far as I'm concerned.

No way would I accept a score on my record that hasn't been earned.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk

My mate should have walked in on Saturday... he'd have had a better score!!

Seems a little silly to me. In version two of WHS I expect an algorithm to work out what you would scored on days you don't play, and add it to your record. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
Thanks. I wasn't aware of that bit about a bogey on the first unplayed hole.
Problem with this 'made up' score is its only one step away from allowing mulligans as far as I'm concerned.
I see your point and sort of agree.
As it happens, I was having "one of those days" with 25 points after 10 holes. Gutted to have to stop, and pleased I was able to put the score on my record.
When you say everyone walked in, if that was the case the club could make it a non qualifier.
Lots of people had played in the morning and completed their rounds (rain free!). Anyone with a good score would have been miffed if it was retrospectively made non-Q.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Lots of people had played in the morning and completed their rounds (rain free!). Anyone with a good score would have been miffed if it was retrospectively made non-Q.

Just checked the Rules of Handicapping even if the comp was abandoned the scores still count for handicap

From the Book

Scores returned from an abandoned competition will be entered into a player’s handicap record as usual, with Net Par and Net Double Bogey adjustments made to the gross score as required.

Colin L

Tour Winner
Visit site

You have misunderstood it, then. The net par allocation is "neutral". The holes scored in this way have no effect on your handicap index; only the holes you have played do. You could regard it as padding that allows you to have the played holes recorded.

YandaB

Visit site
You have misunderstood it, then. The net par allocation is "neutral". The holes scored in this way have no effect on your handicap index; only the holes you have played do. You could regard it as padding that allows you to have the played holes recorded.
Is it still neutral if CR doesn't equal Par by a shot or more?

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
OK. I see what you are getting at. But by the time your score has been de-sloped the impact on your Index will be minimal if at all.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
OK. I see what you are getting at. But by the time your score has been de-sloped the impact on your Index will be minimal if at all.

But the score would remove the previous 20th score which could be one of the 8 counting scores e.g the players best score of their 8.