I'm back!!

nmartyn

Head Pro
Visit site
after falling out of love with the great game over the past few weeks i'm glad to say i've seen the light.
my swing had fallen apart to the extent i was struggling to get any ball airborne and my confidence was totally shot.

i changed instructor and had a lesson last night and he immediately spotted the problem with my posture and shoulder turn. all makes perfect sense now heres hoping we can sort it out starting with a full lesson tonight.

nmartyn

Head Pro
Visit site
yeah i was about to hang up the clubs for good after going from rounds between 85-90 to rounds of 100+ in the space of 2months. been driving me mad and without my decent short game it would have been much worse.
the driver went and that just drained the confidence out of the rest of my game. fingers crossed that lesson 2 is as productive as the 'diagnostic session'

KeefG

Journeyman Pro
www.maywoodgolfclub.com
You'll be right fella, we all have these spells of not being able to hit a cows arse with a banjo!!

I had it for the last 9 months to be honest, all I was seeing was my scores getting worse & worse and its only in the last 6-8 weeks i've seen a huge improvement in my game!

Stick at it mate :)

Redwood

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I've been in the same boat for a few months now.

I've been driving well, but had some bad experiences with my irons. If i haven't been hitting them fat I've been shanking quite a bit.

It started to get really frustrating, but I've had about 3 weeks without any golf and shot a 90 on Saturday (41 points that also included a quad-bogey on a par 4) and so all was good in the world agaian!! :)

haplesshacker

Money List Winner
mid-life-crisis-man.blogspot.co.uk
We all go through peaks and troughs with this game. It's frustrationg, but also it's appeal. We all have a part of our game that is good or even okay, and that is what keeps us coming back.

Glad you've found some enthusiasum for it again though.

Onwards and upwards.

MVP

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
yeah i was about to hang up the clubs for good after going from rounds between 85-90 to rounds of 100+ in the space of 2months. been driving me mad and without my decent short game it would have been much worse.

this is exactly how i feel with my long game at the moment i know once its back in business i will be shooting low scores once again as my short game has been improving.

KeefG

Journeyman Pro
www.maywoodgolfclub.com
i know once its back in business

Once your long game is back in business you can bet your life that your short game will fall apart! lol

Isnt that what golf is all about? Until that one magical day when it all comes together for just a few short hours....

nmartyn

Head Pro
Visit site
well the lesson went well.

basically my posture had gone to hell, too much body movement and slumped shoulders. so after working on that my swing was much more stable and consistent.

i know the cause of my problems - messing with the driver swing to try and get a better result without really knowing what i'm doing. ended up with a baseball like swing and cos i've been working so hard on that its rubbed off on my iron play.

so once we put that right and got a much more controlled/powerful swing in place the NEW instructor had a great trick.... he moved me from the stock 7iron and got me to hit shots with all my other clubs.... a few with the hybrid/5wood and finally the driver. to show me that the same swing should be transfered from club to club.
THATS what i was missing after spending 99% of other lessons with 7iron in hand and not knowing how to hit other clubs properly.

more practice till it becomes natural again!!!