I'm a hypocrite...

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
...but hopefully for the right reasons.

Tomorrow I'm playing Foresomes despite the fact everyone who knows me knows it is my least favourite format in golf, alright, I have openly said I hate it.

Not only am I playing Foresomes, but I am representing Blackmoor for the first time :eek:

Last year I put my name down for the team with one of my regular PPs but this year I asked to be removed. However, there have been a lot of dropouts for the first match and the team of 10 players has to have a combined handicap of 90 or less which makes picking the team rather difficult for the captain. Last week he asked if I was available (which means he was desperate) and after some consideration I decided I couldn't let him down so I'm playing.

I'm playing well enough right now so hopefully I made the right decision and I don't let the team down!! Wish me luck :D

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Hideous format, only time I ever end up playing it is in the winter scratch league if the club are short. Like you dont like the format but would play it to help out the club if needed

Bigfoot

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I only ever play foresomes on tour and I don't hate it. I prefer all mistakes to be my own but it is character building. It has also put me in positions I would never been - having a shot into a green when normally I would have laid up because I don't hit drives miles.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site

Tomorrow I'm playing Foresomes despite the fact everyone who knows me knows it is my least favourite format in golf, alright, I have openly said I hate it.

Not only am I playing Foresomes, but I am representing Blackmoor for the first time :eek:

Last year I put my name down for the team with one of my regular PPs but this year I asked to be removed. However, there have been a lot of dropouts for the first match and the team of 10 players has to have a combined handicap of 90 or less which makes picking the team rather difficult for the captain. Last week he asked if I was available (which means he was desperate) and after some consideration I decided I couldn't let him down so I'm playing.

I'm playing well enough right now so hopefully I made the right decision and I don't let the team down!! Wish me luck :D

I played for the team once, won, but never played again.:eek: Must admit it was all too serious for me and my partner, so we asked not to be picked again. Love foursomes format, and won our first round match in the club comp last night. Beautiful 'summers' evening, course looking superb, and round in less than three hours. :thup:

Hope it goes well Mike, and you get a good partner.;)

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
Inter Club Foresomes is a great test mate , I just get in to a zone if I could do it the same in singles id b ok at this game , don't try change your shots or game , accept it and deal with it ..

Look forward to hear how u get on .. good luck

D

Deleted Member 1156

I've got a scratch team match on Sunday, foursomes in the morning then singles in the afternoon. Love it :D

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I said I'd never play it again, or Greensomes, you can go 3, 4 holes or even more at times without having to do a delicate chip or even putt out, but then suddenly your expected too, but in saying that, I'm now in our club semi-finals in a prestigious Foursomes board comp, I think a lot of it is having a decent laid back partner who just lets you play your own game, which I have, so my attitude towards Foursomes & Greensomes has changed somewhat as I don't feel the extra pressure of letting someone other than myself down anymore.

Good luck Hawkeye, I'm sure you'll do it justice :thup:

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
You'll be fine and someone once said to me enjoy it and never apologise for hitting a bad shot. It's good advice, why apologise? You didn't hit a bad shot on purpose. 👍

So I make a point of saying that to my PP in case people stress over it.

I actually really like team formats like this. I usually put my name down for the Clapham trophy and I am due to play mixed Greensomes in the Hawtree in a few weeks. Looking forward to it although our tie is at home so won't get to play a different course on this occasion which is always a bonus.

ArnoldArmChewer

Tour Winner
Visit site
hopefully you enjoyed the foursomes, same format for me tomorrow, its not my favourite format either, as I left last week we were a 3 ball so if that hasn't changed I at least have a chance of being drawn as a card marker, fingers crossed !!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
JUDAS!!!!

It'll all end in tears.....you'll get no sympathy from me

Nor me. Mind you I have an equal loathsome of the format so the chances of Hawkeye and I ever pegging it up in the club foursomes event is akin to me getting to scratch. I am surprised Hawkeye said yes but if the club is desperate it seems the right thing to do.

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
OK, so I'm back and it turns out the club wasn't desperate, I was chosen by my playing partner: which is nice.

I actually didn't hate it as much as I previously had but I think that was mostly due to the competitive edge which seems to focus my attention the way it does in qualifiers.

We won our match 3&2 and I played pretty well and made a lot of really good putts when it looked like we were about to lose a hole. I also drove the ball great. The only downside was that we lost the match 3-2 so we're knocked out

Tiger

Money List Winner
rub-of-the-green.blogspot.com
OK, so I'm back and it turns out the club wasn't desperate, I was chosen by my playing partner: which is nice.

I actually didn't hate it as much as I previously had but I think that was mostly due to the competitive edge which seems to focus my attention the way it does in qualifiers.

We won our match 3&2 and I played pretty well and made a lot of really good putts when it looked like we were about to lose a hole. I also drove the ball great. The only downside was that we lost the match 3-2 so we're knocked out

Glad to hear it was a positive personal experience. Shame about the team result but well played :thup: does this mean you'll be back again next year?

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

Eat regularly. Only joking, different topic.... Try to enjoy it it's golf after all.