IG late.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Noticed the last few weeks IG hasn’t updated our handicaps until about 6pm the day after a comp.
It used to be midnight .
So players just playing off higher/ lower than they should.
Just playing off what the app says.
Anyone else had this ?

Alan Clifford

Visit site
Noticed the last few weeks IG hasn’t updated our handicaps until about 6pm the day after a comp.
It used to be midnight .
Anyone else had this ?
I don't know what IG is, but as you are in Liverpool, wouldn't the correct handicaps be available from England Golf, app and website?

wjemather

Visit site
It used to be midnight .
Anyone else had this ?
There has been an issue with IG not downloading updated handicaps correctly (naturally, IG are blaming dotgolf, the WHS software provider for the GB&I unions).

Your handicap is always whatever the WHS system says it is (e.g. via MyEG), not what any other 3rd party software (e.g. IG) reports - although they should obviously be the same.

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
It used to be midnight .
Anyone else had this ?
Are you saying that IG isn't UPLOADING the score to EG on the day of the round, or failing to DOWNLOAD the updated index from EG?

When IG uploads scores on the day seems a bit variable. It certainly doesn't upload them immediately, the way that ClubV1 does.

Notwithstanding my feeling that IG leaves much to be desired in some respects, I've never come across a case where it fails to upload at some point during the day. Nor have I noticed a failure to download an updated index.

wjemather

Visit site
Are you saying that IG isn't UPLOADING the score to EG on the day of the round, or failing to DOWNLOAD the updated index from EG?

When IG uploads scores on the day seems a bit variable. It certainly doesn't upload them immediately, the way that ClubV1 does.

Notwithstanding my feeling that IG leaves much to be desired in some respects, I've never come across a case where it fails to upload at some point during the day. Nor have I noticed a failure to download an updated index.
IG bulk uploads scores at the end of the day and whenever a competition is closed, whereas ClubV1 submits scores as soon as they are entered - IG's method allows corrections to be made before they get to WHS but creates heavy peak workload that slows the systems down. The bulk upload does occasionally fail but IG automatically retries and the upload can also be started manually.

IG has regularly been failing to correctly download and update a small number of HIs for some clubs for a while now (see #7). It's not something that is easy to spot when only 1-2% of HIs are wrong, and doesn't affect most Course or Playing Handicaps.

Unfortunately, all ISV software is wanting in many areas, especially the comps & handicaps side of things - because that isn't what generates revenue, enhancements and fixes only seem to be made when absolutely necessary.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site

From what I can gather the update is done on EG so you can see your HC updated on there but on IG it’s not updating until later sometimes

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Not that it helps, but this has been my experience. Scores from comps all seem to be uploaded around 7pm on the day (not sure if this is when the comp closes though...one comp at the weekend wasn't closed until the day after, but the scores were uploaded as per schedule) and changes are visible in the morning and correct with MyEG.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

It used to do it at midnight so if you played Sunday after the comp on Saturday it updated your index.
Now it seems to update at 6pm on the Sunday.