If you stopped playing golf today, what would your next hobby be?

D

Deleted member 18588

Go racing more often.

Already attend all meetings except the Festival, at Cheltenham and there are plenty of other courses within easy reach

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I already collect watches, and enjoy watching football. As a person of maturing years I may consider bowls

I have a mate who as been a bowls player for as long as he has been a golfer he has just given up the bowls because he can no longer stand what it has done to his knees.

D

Deleted member 1147

My other hobby is wine.
I’d buy more/better for drinking & investment!

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
i shoot, so would be nice to do it more. The Clay shooting club has comps on a Sat morning so never get to compete in those so would free me up to do that, also the syndicate for rough shoots is also Sat so miss those.

Also play Guitar and record my own stuff, but golf doesn't interfere with that

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
fishing and then more fishing ,and when i got tired of that i would go fishing. not just pleasure fishing but back into match angling ,i was pretty handy at catching a few fish back in the day winning quite a few matches and winning a few bob in the process.
would probably like to have a go at archery and bowls.

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
fishing and then more fishing ,and when i got tired of that i would go fishing. not just pleasure fishing but back into match angling ,i was pretty handy at catching a few fish back in the day winning quite a few matches and winning a few bob in the process.
would probably like to have a go at archery and bowls.

You fishermen are known to exaggerate 😄

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Not looking forward to the day I can't play golf anymore , play badminton and table-tennis but they can't compare to golf, also play 500 which I won on Friday with over 3000 points. (It's a card game)

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Fishing and Archery for me, I’m an Archery instructor for the scouts ( recurve) and shoot compound at the club.
Game fishing is as expensive as golf, so might go back to worm drowning. But then again, might do both 👍😎

D

Deleted member 18588

Would start racing motocross again, love it but the older you get more paranoid about breaking bones

It's not the bikes that are dangerous.

39 years ago I had to give up trials and enduros having shattered my left arm in a car accident, avoiding some idiot in a car who was p****d as a parrot.

Never got hurt on a bike, on the road, track or off-road.