If you stopped playing golf today, what would your next hobby be?

Mrs Wiggles

Visit site
Masters bodybuilding category just to challenge myself, I've trained plenty of Competitors before but never gone out and done it myself. But all while I have gold I'll be sticking to that

Where do you live in Lincolnshire. I play golf with a bloke who is the ex Mr Lincolnshire body builder

User 105

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Probably get more more into motorsport. Take up racing probably. It's something I'm planning to do anyway in the near future.

I've been doing trackdays and working on project cars for about the last 6-7 years now and it's always been one of my dreams to race.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'd like to think it would be to learn to play the keyboard we have gathering dust but more likely to be back into cycling (in good weather) and maybe some running. I do quite fancy bowls and maybe a dabble at badminton or tennis.

Dibby

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Masters bodybuilding category just to challenge myself, I've trained plenty of Competitors before but never gone out and done it myself. But all while I have gold I'll be sticking to that

Got it!

I was wondering if you would have been someone I would have known form the weightlifting scene, which would be an amusing coincidence on a golf forum.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
I took up archery this year and have not played golf since May , i cannot see me playing now until the spring . Love the archery and having only shot since August , i am up there with the best of them at the club

Bloke who runs the Pro-Shop at my club is well into his Archery

For me I'd be expanding my brewing, currently I try not to brew on a Saturday when I've got golf planned for the Sunday.

Wolf

Visit site
Where do you live in Lincolnshire. I play golf with a bloke who is the ex Mr Lincolnshire body builder

We live in Billinghay should meet up for a game at some point. I got close 3 years ago to competing in ader 80kg class then tore my left Bicep tendon clean off at insertion point so had to have surgery. But now started training properly again and the closer I get to 40 I keep considering getting back to serious training and giving it a go but would need a good 2 maybe 3 years to get to a level I would want to be...

Got it!

I was wondering if you would have been someone I would have known form the weightlifting scene, which would be an amusing coincidence on a golf forum.
No sorry, never really got into competitive weightlifting though I know a few guys that do compete

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
It’s funny that a lot have mentioned hill walking/hiking. Last year I got into a fitness spat and every night after work with the misses I walked between 10km to 15km over mixed terrain as our house backs on to a hilly country park and several golf courses one of which is my current home. I have to say I found it very enjoyable in the summer evenings and on nights where misses socks wasn’t there really pushed myself, the plus side was a two stone drop which sadly is now back and keeping me warm.

The only downside was that a hard week covering between 40km to 60km could really hit the knee.

Lump

Tour Winner
Visit site
Archery and Clay shooting.
Done archery before and loved it. (Recurve and Compound) but i’d Try to find a younger club.
Old man is in the process of getting his shotgun license so we can buy and store our own guns for trap/clay shooting

Waitforme

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Cycling and hillwalking for me.
Have contemplated Munro bagging but I know if I start it with a view to completing the set then there will be no going back until it's done.
Hoping to retire in a year and buy a motor home so may start it then 🤔

D

Deleted Member 1156

I quite fancy being an F1 driver, it can't be that hard surely.............