If you stopped playing golf today, what would your next hobby be?

Spear-Chucker

Tour Rookie
Visit site
More guitar and gardening. Would most likely also add walking to that list and rediscovering sailing too especially as mrs Chucker does lots

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
I might get back into photography but I doubt I’d ever get that passion back to the same level it was (digital both enhanced and then killed my love of it) but I think I’d have to exhaust all forms of golf first including just going to the range or short game area to chip & putt (even if I couldn’t drive a ball)

D

Deleted member 21258

I would go back to the integra type r engined mini and get it back on the road, do track days and car shows again, son wants to get it on the road. Would like more time and start modifying it further to make it faster and handle better. Had to stop with the mini, due to wanting to play golf and the house work.

On top of that would play more tennis, badminton, cycling and walking.

AMcC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I would probably go back to bowling during the summer and watch football during the winter. I retired from bowling when I was around 20, usually people retire then take up bowling !! Didn't have time for that and golf.
Also would try and play badminton again.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Played golf for 60 years and never had a golfing holiday, never had an actual holiday until I was nearly 30.
When I did stop playing golf I took up bowls and loved it, not really serious stuff just local village joshing and banter.

AMcC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played golf for 60 years and never had a golfing holiday, never had an actual holiday until I was nearly 30.
When I did stop playing golf I took up bowls and loved it, not really serious stuff just local village joshing and banter.
Booling in Ayrshire tends to be very social, play a couple of ends and in for a half 🥃🥃 glad I retired when I did, for the sake of my liver 😂

Bxm Foxy

Visit site
Golf is a hobby for me. Cricket on the other hand, a way of life lol. More important than a hobby. Have grown up a bit these days, so can just play and enjoy the cricket these days.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Would start racing motocross again, love it but the older you get more paranoid about breaking bones

Would love to go back to racing tomorrow, having ridden from 8-32 and run a shop from 2002-2012 as well as being involved with most of the uk gp teams throughout that period I know it’s where my heart lies.

Unfortunately a smashed to bits left knee makes it impossible to ride anymore

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
No idea really. Only got back into golf 3 or 4 years ago as it is. I already play football (although at 32 that's only likely to decrease going forwards), and play in a band.

Going from what others have said, archery and badminton are two sports I've dabbled in once or twice and felt like I could be good at them if I did it more often. Darts is another one I like playing and I'm not bad at, so maybe that would be worth exploring. Can't see myself giving up golf though really. :D

Britishshooting

Club Champion
Visit site
Shooting.

I mainly play golf over summer and shoot over winter now. Just hit the range now and then and if a bit milder with decent ground conditions i'll go have a knock.

Only way really I can juggle my two hobbies but I do waste a good 6 months of golf membership as a result.