If you cross borders, what happens to your CDH ?

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Home club is in Wales... my CDH starts with a 6, as do all the other Welsh CDHs I've seen. My mates who are in England, have numbers beginning with 1

If I move my handicap to an English club, do I get a new CDH, or keep the old 6 prefixed one? If I get a new CDH, does my playing record migrate?

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My mate moved from England to Scotland and was given a new SG number, teh mager there did not know what to do and got him to put in 3 cards for an initial handicap despite the fact he had played for over 40 years

I am not sure what happens currently but the advice is to take a copy of your record and get the Handicap manager to manually import the last 20 scores.

I am pretty sure in saying that there is no CDH now but in England England Golf just used our existing CDH number as the EG membership number when the WHS came in.

Larry long dog

Visit site
Home club is in Wales... my CDH starts with a 6, as do all the other Welsh CDHs I've seen. My mates who are in England, have numbers beginning with 1

If I move my handicap to an English club, do I get a new CDH, or keep the old 6 prefixed one? If I get a new CDH, does my playing record migrate?
Are you moving then?

Jules

Visit site
Take your last 20 score record to your new club if across the border…they can then input give you anew National ID. but retain your handicap.

Banchory Buddha

Visit site

You will need a new English CDH number, and they need to input your last 20 scores to match your current WHS index in Wales. If you're intending still being members at both cross border clubs, then you'll need to report every score to whichever one is your away club so that your English & Welsh WHS indexes match

IanM

Journeyman Pro
You will need a new English CDH number, and they need to input your last 20 scores to match your current WHS index in Wales. If you're intending still being members at both cross border clubs, then you'll need to report every score to whichever one is your away club so that your English & Welsh WHS indexes match

If it happens, I'll take a screen shot of the Welsh App and watch the carnage develop! Since WHS, with my home club in Wales, scores from Opens in England either show up or they don't. I'll be playing more as an "away member" of an English club this year, I wonder if I key stuff on the club terminal, will it appear on Wales Golf App. Should be fun!

D

Deleted member 17920

If it happens, I'll take a screen shot of the Welsh App and watch the carnage develop! Since WHS, with my home club in Wales, scores from Opens in England either show up or they don't. I'll be playing more as an "away member" of an English club this year, I wonder if I key stuff on the club terminal, will it appear on Wales Golf App. Should be fun!
Ian,is your home club going to be in Wales and is your away club in England?

D

Deleted member 17920

I am not sure if you are pulling my leg for going on about it or actually asking! :)

Newport is still home club but also now have Country Membership at Saunton

You've joined Saunton?? You never mentioned it :ROFLMAO:

OK, so the way I understand it you shouldnt be issued with a WHS number from Saunton as you keep the Newport one and for all scores from Saunton the club can add them on, I am fairly sure within the next few months the competition scores will automatically go on so the club wont need to manually add the scores on, not sure about general play scores though.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
My mate moved from England to Scotland and was given a new SG number, teh mager there did not know what to do and got him to put in 3 cards for an initial handicap despite the fact he had played for over 40 years

I am not sure what happens currently but the advice is to take a copy of your record and get the Handicap manager to manually import the last 20 scores.

I am pretty sure in saying that there is no CDH now but in England England Golf just used our existing CDH number as the EG membership number when the WHS came in.

I am about to do this, and currently wondering how to switch. Guessing I'll have to go down the last 20 score import route

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
You've joined Saunton?? You never mentioned it :ROFLMAO:

OK, so the way I understand it you shouldnt be issued with a WHS number from Saunton as you keep the Newport one and for all scores from Saunton the club can add them on, I am fairly sure within the next few months the competition scores will automatically go on so the club wont need to manually add the scores on, not sure about general play scores though.
I don't believe that's correct at all, yes for open competitions not in Wales. But if he's a member at an English club, he needs an English CDH number as well so that he can play the club comps. Certainly was last year, it may have changed over the winter

IanMcC

Visit site
If the move is England /Wales it is relatively simple, so long as the CDH number, date of birth and email address is known. Use this data to fill in the fields when a New member is created. A new CDH number will be created and any golf played will update on both records.
This did not work for someone coming from Scotland to Wales. (Probably will work in the future once the dotgolf software is embedded up North.) I had to get a copy of the Scottish player's last 20 rounds and manually input them to give him an accurate Index.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
The original post was about what happens if I move home club to an English one, not what is impact of having a scond club... :)

I know that Saunton do not issue me a CDH and I am on their sheets a Away/Newport. But it will be interesting when I play a qualifier there what is the mechanism for my score appearing on my handicap record. First one is next month. It'll either "just appear" as normal... or there will be all sorts of fun and games for sure! :)

When I click on the Handicap Section of Intelligent Golf App I can now access(Newport use Master Scoreboard) it show my HI, but with an error message saying can't connect to my England Golf Record (cos there isnt one!) When my HI changes, I bet this doesnt update.

Last edited:

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
If the move is England /Wales it is relatively simple, so long as the CDH number, date of birth and email address is known. Use this data to fill in the fields when a New member is created. A new CDH number will be created and any golf played will update on both records.
This did not work for someone coming from Scotland to Wales. (Probably will work in the future once the dotgolf software is embedded up North.) I had to get a copy of the Scottish player's last 20 rounds and manually input them to give him an accurate Index.
ok, so my answers above may be incorrect then, we'll see when the new SG admin kicks in

D

Deleted member 17920

In answer to the original question.

Yes you will be given a new CDH number with England Golf and all the scores that you have had previously with Wales golf with migrate over.

D

Deleted member 17920

I am not sure if you are pulling my leg for going on about it or actually asking! :)

Newport is still home club but also now have Country Membership at Saunton.
Also if you choose to keep your home club as Newport and Saunton as your away club, you will keep your CDH number at Newport and all comp scores from Saunton will go on automatically, at the minute if you choose to do a general play then this will be needed to be added manually by Newport, I have heard that you will be able to put general play scores in very soon if you are playing in England but have a Wales CDH.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
I am about to do this, and currently wondering how to switch. Guessing I'll have to go down the last 20 score import route

Have successfully migrated to Scottish Golf and it was painless. Joined new club on Friday, phone call from club handicap secretary on Saturday to say that new CDH number given by Scottish Golf was up and running and previous record from English Golf all imported. Logged in to Scottish Golf app and everything was there from the my previous record, spot on.

Colin L

Tour Winner
Visit site
Have successfully migrated to Scottish Golf and it was painless. Joined new club on Friday, phone call from club handicap secretary on Saturday to say that new CDH number given by Scottish Golf was up and running and previous record from English Golf all imported. Logged in to Scottish Golf app and everything was there from the my previous record, spot on.

That's encouraging!