Identifying Your Ball On The First Tee

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
I always mark my golf ball with a circle around the number. It also helps that I play Mizuno balls more often than not... which aren't exactly popular! ? When I buy a dozen, I mark them all immediately and then mix the sleeves up so there's not the same number twice in one sleeve. That way, I know I'm not pulling the same number out for the reload.
I also tell my playing partners the make and number of ball I'm playing. If they want to tell me, that's fine. If they don't, that's fine too. If they hit one off the fairway and need help looking, I'm asking what they're playing before I start looking though.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Tip: if you use your sharpie to colour in your thumb first then grab the ball it makes a good finger print mark, when the ‘lost’ ball is found, or another player queries the marking to check if its my ball, I can scan it with my phone and if it unlocks then I know its mine (y)

(provisional balls can be marked with the other thumb to prevent errors when two balls are played)

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I always mark my ball with three little green dots in the shape of a triangle. You have to be very careful with your spacing though, as one of the dots slightly out of place can cause unwanted side spin on drives, or uneven tracking on putts.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
I always mark my ball with three little green dots in the shape of a triangle. You have to be very careful with your spacing though, as one of the dots slightly out of place can cause unwanted side spin on drives, or uneven tracking on putts.

And the word "KNOB" written on it prevents it straying onto adjacent fairways.

Our annual Gainsborough shindig keeps going - we're there in a couple of weeks.