I wonder how this Yank is feeling now

Gazp

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I found this quote from an American journalist printed Sunday morning...great reading now !!

For those who think this Ryder Cup is finished, think again. Team Europe can still win if the following five things happen Sunday:

-- Keegan Bradley is abducted.

-- Team USA captain Davis Love III inserts Cup spectators Michael Jordan, President George W. Bush, Amy Mickelson and the Rev. Jesse Jackson into the singles lineup.

-- Lee Westwood: U.S. citizen.

-- Marty McFly shows Team Europe captain Jose Maria Olazabal how to go back in time. Last Friday morning will do.

-- Team Europe wins eight of the remaining 12 matches to retain the cup.

Never mind. It's over. Olazabal can click off the walkie-talkie and take the IFB out of his ear. Time for the Europeans to fire up the private jets and head back home to Florida.

I wish it were different -- I really do. But overcome a 10-6 deficit? Win eight of 12 singles matches?

"It's been done in the past," said Ian Poulter, the only European with a winning record (3-0) this week. "It's going to be done again. That's all we can ask."

It has been done in the past. Once.

It happened in 1999, when American captain Ben Crenshaw wagged his finger at the media and said, "I've got a good feeling about tomorrow. That's all I'm gonna say."

That Sunday, the USA scored 8½ points and won 14½-13½.

"You know," said Sergio Garcia, who was playing in his first Ryder Cup that year, "it would be nice to kind of give it back the way they did it to us in '99."

If you're Garcia, it would be nice. But like Crenshaw, I've got a feeling too.

I've got a feeling Team Europe is doomed. I've got a feeling that Tiger Woods isn't going to go 0-for-Medinah. I've got a feeling that the eight veterans in that USA team room are reminding the four rookies it's time to step on a few throats.

"It puts us in a nice spot," said Steve Stricker, who is 0-3 with Woods this week.

Swinger

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Someone posted a link to his twitter on the other thread about this and I think he had been getting some serious abuse. Most of it in the right spirit but some not so much!!

Not too many people would have disagreed with him before the day, his creative penmanship might have created a bit of an extreme picture but you've got to keep readers entertained.

He was talking the stick pretty well yesterday. Not sure if he still has a smile on his face today.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
He is feeling that millions of golfers who had never previously heard of him now have.

He got it wrong, but to be fair, can you point me to an article written by a professional journalist on Saturday evening saying Europe would prevail?

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
Seemed a pretty lighthearted piece to be honest. A bit clumsy but not really nasty. Certainly not deserving of some of the abuse he's received...

dufferman

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Someone posted a link to his twitter on the other thread about this and I think he had been getting some serious abuse. Most of it in the right spirit but some not so much!!

Not too many people would have disagreed with him before the day, his creative penmanship might have created a bit of an extreme picture but you've got to keep readers entertained.

He was talking the stick pretty well yesterday. Not sure if he still has a smile on his face today.

Twas me, he's taken some real stick for it but stands by his journalism in that he truly believed the USA couldn't lose.

He has also said on his Twitter that he has received death threats from both Americans and Europeans - the yanks for 'jinxing' them, and the Europeans for, well, being an arrogant American.

T

thecraw

Almost as big a gaff as me saying Els would never win again then he walks away with the Open!