I thought BMW was supposed to be a safe option?

apj0524

Head Pro
Visit site
I work for a company that makes the stop start sensor and magnet, replacements are 10 euros for the set:eek:

On a another note take it from someone who sees what the stop / Start does to gearboxes over time, so I turn mine off on my and my wife car, because in my opinion the bearings and other components in the gearboxes up to the job of Stop / Start and the lack of oil in the bearings

la_lucha

Tour Rookie
Visit site
17 years and counting and my/my daughters Alfa has completed every journey. Think it might be a rogue Alfa though.:whistle:;)

I've had two 156's the second was a 2.5v6 that was extremely thirsty. lovely car but too expensive to run. The first was a 2.0 Tspark which I loved until the timing belt went and that was the end of that. Things got mashed inside.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Dont be fooled guys....all cars have their faults. So, they all can have horror stories but my A6 has done near 120k and you would not know it. Touch wood.

I've had Audi's for about 12 yrs. The current A6, the 4th, is excellent. The previous A6 was a dog, but having had 2 before I knew it was a Friday afternoon car.

Once had an Astra that had gearbox problems in the first 6 months... just luck of the draw.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
I've had two 156's the second was a 2.5v6 that was extremely thirsty. lovely car but too expensive to run. The first was a 2.0 Tspark which I loved until the timing belt went and that was the end of that. Things got mashed inside.
This is a 156 2.0 Tspark. Had it from new, and it still looks good.

Looking forward to trying out the new Giulia when it comes out over here.