I just won a driver!

ArthurFarr

Visit site
on the Caddy Comps draw on instagram. Which should I go for? I don't have an official handicap but playing at 12-14 at present. Normally drive the ball quite well 220 yard carry with my Nike Machspeed Black that I've been looking to upgrade.

WIN ONE OF THE FOLLOWING:
– CALLAWAY EPIC SPEED (SPEED, MAX OR MAX LS)
– PING G425
– TAYLOR MADE SIM2/SIM2 MAX
– COBRA RAD SPEED
– TITLEIST TSi2/3

JamieB

Visit site
If your a member of a golf club explain to your pro what’s happened and ask if they have any demos of the above you could try.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have the Ping G425 it’s a very forgiving club.
I tried most of the others.
A fitting or range session with all of them would be good but if that’s not possible the ping would be my choice.
If you can’t get on with it it will be the easiest to sell on imo.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Do you get a choice of shaft too, or just what they give you? Maybe ask them what shafts are in each and then, as above, speak to your pro or a fitter and try and get the same specs to try.
Those heads will all do slightly different things, so really difficult to advise you here.

sunshine

Visit site
on the Caddy Comps draw on instagram. Which should I go for? I don't have an official handicap but playing at 12-14 at present. Normally drive the ball quite well 220 yard carry with my Nike Machspeed Black that I've been looking to upgrade.

– PING G425
– COBRA RAD SPEED
– TITLEIST TSi2/3

Choose the one which fetches the most on ebay

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

– PING G425
– COBRA RAD SPEED
– TITLEIST TSi2/3

There’s no bad choice there chap the main thing is to select the right shaft so like others say, try and get a feel for what suits best with a few lashes at an American golf or somewhere with a range (not an indoor sim imo, better to see the actual ball
Flight).

Congrats!!! Great win ???

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I have the Ping G425 it’s a very forgiving club.
I tried most of the others.
A fitting or range session with all of them would be good but if that’s not possible the ping would be my choice.
If you can’t get on with it it will be the easiest to sell on imo.
…though it ‘shrieks’ at you if you don’t middle it.

ArthurFarr

Visit site
Thanks everyone. I went up to American Golf this morning to try them out. The Epic and the Ping were my clear favourites. Hit slightly further with the Epic and hit both straight consistently. Even though the numbers were slightly better on the Epic I'm still veering towards the Ping. Maybe the aesthetics and based upon what I've read about it being the most forgiving out there. Interestingly, I assumed I'd need the stiff shaft but I hit the regular much better. Apparently, the regular shaft on my current driver (Nike Machspeed Black) is renowned for being a bit 'whippy'

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have the epic, have to say it’s a great club. The others I didn’t try though so could not pass comment, apart from they will all work equally when set up for you and those settings will vary between brands.

gopher99

Visit site

– PING G425
– COBRA RAD SPEED
– TITLEIST TSi2/3

I tried all of those and the Sim2 worked out best for me, just try them all with different shafts and find out what works for you.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thanks everyone. I went up to American Golf this morning to try them out. The Epic and the Ping were my clear favourites. Hit slightly further with the Epic and hit both straight consistently. Even though the numbers were slightly better on the Epic I'm still veering towards the Ping. Maybe the aesthetics and based upon what I've read about it being the most forgiving out there. Interestingly, I assumed I'd need the stiff shaft but I hit the regular much better. Apparently, the regular shaft on my current driver (Nike Machspeed Black) is renowned for being a bit 'whippy'

The Machspeed shaft is probably a cheaper shaft. In the last few years, we have seen better quality standard shafts appearing in the high end clubs. Both the Ping and the Epic are great bats, so you can't go too far wrong.