I have now done something twice that I have not done in years

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Changed my shoes in the car park.
Did you feel dirty? ?

To counter that, I genuinely can not remember the last time I put my golf shoes on in a club house. I either arrive wearing them or put them on in the car park. I should add, I have never played at a club which did not allow this.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Out of interest, this applies to all who are changing room golfers, are you likely to keep changing your shoes in the car park after this is over, now that you have broken out, or do you like the process of going inside, changing shoes etc?

It's interesting to see if changed behaviour sticks or whether you go back to your previous behaviour. No judging here, it doesn't matter to me which you prefer.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Out of interest, this applies to all who are changing room golfers, are you likely to keep changing your shoes in the car park after this is over, now that you have broken out, or do you like the process of going inside, changing shoes etc?

It's interesting to see if changed behaviour sticks or whether you go back to your previous behaviour. No judging here, it doesn't matter to me which you prefer.

I'm not a dyed in the wool "no changing in the car park" type - but I'll go back to changing in the locker room. You get to meet people in there - ie people you aren't going to be playing with. It's a good place to catch up etc. In normal times when the swindle is on, there could easily be 20-30 people in there with plenty of laughs & banter. Doesn't work the same in the car park.

oltimer

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Changed my shoes in the car park.

A great advantage to us oldies when visiting away Courses and visiting the clubhouse for refreshments afterwards, will prevent the need having got back Home then having to decode who is going to go back for the golf shoes

PaulS

Visit site
As we are all either changing in the car park or driving to the course it’s not really breaking news. As for what happens when the clubhouse opens I’ll go back to changing in the comfort of the changing room.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I believe our changing rooms are open but only for access to the toilets. We are to get changed in the car park...<sights>!!!

Our locker rooms are open but you can only enter with permission from the office so they can maintain a strict one in, one out. Those with clubs in lockers who couldn't get them back before lock down are allowed in to collect them but for the moment we're not allowed to go in after the round and store the clubs back in the locker. We only have the disabled toilet in use and again are suppose to notify the office after it has been used so someone can go and wipe it down and clean it properly

Visit site
My club has NEVER insisted on using the changing room to put on your shoes, so to me, putting them on in the car park is extremely normal. I can see how to a traditional golfer, it is a habit that is almost a ritual, however, after "THIS" has cleared up, changing in the car park will become the norm.

PaulS

Visit site
My club has NEVER insisted on using the changing room to put on your shoes, so to me, putting them on in the car park is extremely normal. I can see how to a traditional golfer, it is a habit that is almost a ritual, however, after "THIS" has cleared up, changing in the car park will become the norm.
I very much doubt it will become the “norm” - most people will just revert to what they did before. Thousands of people have their shoes in a locker so will go back to changing in the clubhouse

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
Thought it was the norm!? Not many use the locker apart from people who don’t golf anywhere else

Visit site
Well there you go. JamesBrowm, and PaulS, you have just highlighted all that is good about this forum. Two completely differing views. I am not saying that either is right. I just think that the "new normal" will be changing in the car park. Obviously there will be the diehards who will stick with their traditional ways, I accept that.

PaulS

Visit site
Well there you go. JamesBrowm, and PaulS, you have just highlighted all that is good about this forum. Two completely differing views. I am not saying that either is right. I just think that the "new normal" will be changing in the car park. Obviously there will be the diehards who will stick with their traditional ways, I accept that.
Many clubs have been in the situation where you can change shoes in the car park yet members still change in a clubhouse, lots members have their shoes in lockers so why would they start to change in the car park. A few more may start to change in car park , some may drive in their shoes.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
I’m ambivalent. But if the club say after all this, that they want shoes changed in the changing rooms then the changing rooms is where shoes shall be changed.
?